Tate has had two soccer games so far and I would say they have been a success.
I learned during the first game they don't officially keep score, but that doesn't mean the dad's don't.
We lost the first game to the Dinosaurs, but we came back to win against the Avengers today.
The games are at one of our favorite parks (Lake Wilderness) so we got there a little early so we could play before the real "playing" began.
I still am going nuts because I can't figure out why some of my pictures get turned sideways!
I can't figure it out and don't want to take anymore time trying to flip pictures and hope they stay the right way. At least when I print my blog book we can just turn it so the pictures are the right direction.
For now I couldn't not put these sweet pictures of Ryan swinging.
He sat in that swing happy as could be for 30 minutes while Tate and Blake ran around going down the slides.
Then it was game time.
I cracked up when the coach shouted which way do we want the ball to go?
And they all pointed down the field.
The kids would continue to need reminders about which way to kick the ball.
Tate pretty much liked copying the way the coach would squat down.
Tate was also really good at staying right where the coach told him to.
So much so, that Tate usually just watched as the ball went by.
Not sure he's made the connection that it is okay to move out of that spot.
Our very easily distracted star soccer player!
Ryan enjoyed throwing the play ball during the game. . .
While Blake plopped himself down by his friend Kelsey.
The Angry Birds played two 20 minute halves stopping for water breaks when needed.
It was a lot of running for those little legs.
There were a couple kicks that Tate had.
He would kick it and then pretty much walk away, like "what else do you want me to do?"
I thought for their first game the kids did well not totally playing "bunch ball."
The second the kids seemed more excited to kick the ball and get it.
Lots of tripping over players and taking the ball away from whomever had it happened-even if it was your friend wearing the red shirt that you're supposed to let have the ball.
Bringing it in for a team cheer at the end of the game.
I think by far the most fun of the afternoon for Tate was running through the parent tunnel at the end of the game.
A close second might be the yummy snacks!
No comments:
Post a Comment