This morning I was talking to the boys about what we should do and I had mentioned maybe going to see the train in Black Diamond.
Tate perked right up and got all excited about blowing the train whistle!
Blake is currently into trains too-I think because he can say "Choo Choo" he likes them.
The plan was set.
Things are always more fun with friends, so we picked up Gage and headed out.
As we were piling out of the van, we were right in front of this cool bookstore.
A nice man from the bookstore said, "are you here for storytime?"
Is that now? Well, yes we are!
I love a free, fun surprise.
I couldn't get a great picture, but it was a very quaint little shop with a grandma as the storyteller.
Even better then the great shop and sweet storyteller, was the story.
Wben you give a mouse a cookie.
The storyteller had made cookies for all the kids to eat while she read the story.
Awesome!
All the kids got a card to get a free storybook after storytime.
Gage picked a story about buildings, Tate found Over the River and Through the Woods (totally appropriate because we love going to grandma's house.), Blake found a Thomas the Train story and Ryan got a Winnie the Pooh book about sharing.
The boys were so excited to get their own books.
After our surprise storytime that turned out to be so much fun, we made it to the train.
The boys ran up to the conductor's seat and figured out how to ring the bell and a nice older gentleman showed them how to do the whistle. He might have regretted that decision!
The boys liked long whistle blows.
They ran around that boxcar, through it, and then back to ring the bell and blow the whistle over and over.
We were in need of a snack break.
Luckily there is our favorite bakery right down the walkway.
The boys picked cookies (Smiley face for Tate, baseball for Gage and frog for Blake), I think it is interesting to see which they choose.
Ryan managed to get some small bites of the froggie cookie and loved it.
I usually try to not go out in public with my boys looking too much like a disaster.
But, that doesn't always happen.
I actually forgot Blake's shoes.
Sorry buddy.
He was sticky from a Fruit by the Foot.
No wipes with me.
And then he tried to eat the face off the frog cookie first which resulted in the picture below.
Should have grabbed some napkins from the bakery (I guess that's what shirts are for).
When we got back in the van the temperature read 102 degrees!
Yikes.
The temperature did go down a little as we drove home--92 degrees.
We are working on some good tans around here.





1 comment:
Sounds like a LOT of fun!
Post a Comment