We camped.
It didn't rain.
We had a good time. . .
for the most part.
John and I got the tent up with no "problems."
He commented on how far our marriage has come to be able to do that:)
I told him if we couldn't happily put two poles in a tent and get it to stand--I'd be worried!
I have never seen Tate or Blake more happy and excited to be outside camping!
Tate kinda thinks he owns grandma and grandpa's tent trailer. He knows how to turn everything on and knows where everything goes and how to lock the door. I don't know how grandma ended up escaping being in any pictures, but we are sure glad she was there (even if it wasn't documented)!
Paije and Blake crack me up. They know how to relax while camping.
Sit back and watch everyone else do the work!
It was so much more fun to have Auntie Karrie
and Auntie Lauren join the fun too!
It isn't very often we can pull-off a family overnighter and get everyone to come.
That's right momies-to-be. . . the mornings come way too early with little ones.
Thanks for helping out.
Storytime with grandpa!
This was our hand washing station.
Paije thought that meant wash her entire body.
She was having so much fun trying to swim in that bowl of water.
So happy to be camping.
We had shoulder/on your back races.
I think Karrie was at a disadvantage having squirmy Blake on her back who didn't really get the idea of holding on.
We got to pet some of the horses after watching them come back from a trail ride.
We did a lot of walking to get everyone's wiggles out.
Grandpa helping Blake feel better by reading the story again.
The not so good part:
waking up with the stomach flu.
Let me rephrase.
Karrie yells my name at 5am to come to her tent (Tate had chosen to sleep in her tent).
I open up the tent door to see Tate sitting up on his sleeping bag and Karrie with her hands together and Tate's vomit in them. And not just a little. A lot of throw-up.
What says love more then catching your nephews puke in your hands so it won't get all over the bedding!
I kinda wanted to laugh, but then remembered that's throw-up and now we're going to have a really long day.
Blake joined in the puking fun a couple hours later and was ready to go home.
He kept walking up to the van door and holding onto the handle.
As much as we wanted to stay and enjoy the campground and nice weather, we figured it would be best to get the sickies home before we spread it around the camp.
Instead, they spread it to me.
John and Ryan, thank goodness, stayed unaffected by it all.
First camping trip not a complete success, but still worth it.
2 comments:
I'm impressed that you even attempted to camp with your boys. I think we're still a few years away. ;)
That was one camp trip I won't soon forget that's for sure!
Post a Comment