7.08.2012

Blake at 2 1/2 years old

It has happened a few times now.
I've been at the store with the boys and random people will ask me if Blake is two.
Why yes he is.
Was it his tantrum and laying down in the middle of the store that gave it away?
Or maybe his very good usage and pronunciation of the word "no."  Said loudly at his brother or mom when asked to go stand by the cart and not run around crazy.
The two's they say are terrible and we might have reached that stage.
I guess it is hard for me to think Mr. Blake terrible for too long because he has such a sweet smile.
I've taken to calling him Mr. Independent now because he has to do everything by himself.
Put his shirt on (can making dressing in the morning take a long time!), get in the car, outta the car, in his carseat, open and shut the door, turn on and off the TV, eat his food, push the stroller . . . all by himself.
I think it is great that he is learning to do so many things by himself.
He has a quiet patience that skipped Tate:)
Like when he tries to get his hands in the correct hole of his shirt, he just keeps trying until he gets it without throwing too big of a fit if he can't do it right away. 
Blake also is turning into another sous chef for me.
He loves to "smell" (he can say that) things and "see" (that too) what I'm making.  In this picture he was helping to stir the pancake batter. 
He climbs.
Who knew?  Not me.
Tate sleeps on the top bunk and I don't really like the boys playing up there because I have nightmares that one of them will accidentally fall off. 
So Blake hasn't really ever tried to get up there.
Well one night (I guess its been a month ago or so), we were reading stories in the boys room and Blake just up and climbs up the ladder to the top bunk.
No help.
And the biggest smile when he got up there.  Like he was saying, "check me out.  I just did that all by myself!"  And he climbed down all by himself with no falling. 
Blake is still so much fun and keeps us laughing everyday. 
Cousin Paije has been in town for the past few weeks and I couldn't help snapping a quick one of those cute bums.  The cousins were getting ready to get in the hot tub and trying to get Tate to hurry up in the bathroom so they could get in with him.  Ever since him and Paije ran around naked it's like he never wants his clothes on now.  The first thing he does in the morning is come in my bathroom (because I'm usually trying to get ready before they get up) and take off his pajama bottoms and hands them to me.  When I ask him why he is taking them off he always says, "I donno?"  I love it when he says that phrase.  He says it all the time and usually puts his hands up and shrugs while he says it.   
 Favorite game:  Hide and Seek at the park.  The Boat Park (Lake Wilderness) has these huge trees which make the perfect hiding places.  The game consists of Tate covering his eyes and counting with Blake standing next to him covering his eyes or Tate running to find a hiding place and Blake running close behind.
I guess the game is more like Follow the Leader for Blake.
More of follow the leader.
Eating fishies off the ground like Breadbirds do.
I don't get it?!
I like how Tate is shielding his crackers so Blake won't take any. 
 Blake finds fun in the simplest things.  This bike is kinda hard to steer-you just really have to be strong to move the wheel.  Blake can't quite do it yet.  Anyways, Blake figured out he can just push the bike and the way the wheels were turned the bike just went in a circle.  That had him entertained for what seemed like a while (probably just 5 minutes), pushing the bike in circles on the deck.
Mr. Funnypants getting ready for church. 
Fun with cousin Paije at the park. 
Paije loves to talk.
And she is great at it.  
Very well-spoken for being only two months older then Blake.
Everyone is like when is Blake going to start talking?
He may not talk like Paije who is obviously gifted in the area, but he is getting there!
He is getting better at repeating words you say to him.
He is slowly putting it all together.
His favorite books are "Goodnight Moon" which he is learning how to say moon, stars, socks, and pretend to eat the mush in the story.  He also loves the Goldbug book.  It is a large book with cars and trucks and things that move.  On each page is a little goldbug bug hid and you have to find it.  I am totally impressed with how quickly he was able to pick up finding Goldbug.  He gets so excited when he finds him first and starts going on and on in a high-pitched yelp.  Wish I knew what he was saying.
I'm not worried about his communication skills.
He seems to get everything he wants with no trouble at all:)

No comments: