6.07.2012

To the Farm

One of our favorite places to visit is the Little Farm at Windwater.  I found out that if I could put together a small group, the owner would open the farm up just to us.  I didn't think I'd have a problem finding some other little friends who wanted to visit some animals.  We had a great turn-out to the farm.
Even with a bit of rain . . . we threw on some boots and headed out for a good time! 
                                                 
The boys took turns feeding the horses carrots. . . 
and Tate was anxious to hold a bunny again and give it some carrots.
I'm pretty sure these sweet bunnies are never wanting for carrots.  Those kids just keep feeding them carrots while the bunnies stay cuddled up in warm blankets on their laps.
I guess this hen is really old and thinks it is always sitting on eggs (even though it is not), so it gets a bit snappy when little kids like Tate want to pet its tail feathers!
Checking out the animals from outside.
Even though it rained all morning, we were glad it stopped while we were at the farm.
                                     
They have a couple peacocks that run around the farm and the boys were having a great time chasing them.
Blake was just having a great time running!
There were lots of chickens to feed.
And our farm experience is not complete without a horse ride on "Blue."  
Tate has ridden Blue a few times now and was so happy to climb on up and go for his walk around the pasture.  Blake wanted nothing to do with getting close to the horse which he usually mistakes for cows and says "moo" instead of "neigh."  I think the spotted horses throw him for a loop.
We all enjoyed the farm and are looking forward to going again when hopefully the weather is nicer.

1 comment:

Amber Patten said...

It was an amazing outing. Thank you for planning it!