I like "fieldtrips."
Anything to get us out of the house on these rainy days.
It is nice to have a firestation pretty much next door that we can just walk to.
Tate remembers the last time we were there and they had a smoke detector that made a really loud noise.
We we got to the Firestation the firefighters had just got a call and were on the way out.
We got to see them all suited-up and they even turned the sirens on!
The boys all came in and took a seat while they listened to Fireman Tim talk about what to do in case of a fire. I was happy that Tate remembered you need to "run out of the house." They listened to the smoke detector go off again, and practiced stop-drop-and rolling. The firefighters actually came back (false alarm) while we were still there and so the boys got to see up close the fireman and all his gear.
We got to check out the firetrucks.
Take lots of pictures.
And get lots of fun Jr. Fire Chief things (stickers, pencils, glow in the dark bracelet, coloring page, and hat!).
Future firefighters:
Spencer, Andrew, Gage, Tate
Pretty sure I don't ever want to drive a firetruck!
It was hard enough getting up into the driver's seat.
Can't imagine driving that beast.
It was a tight squeeze with all of us up there.
Ryan doing his lip-smacking trick while we had a snack.

When I was pregnant with Blake and Ryan we came here often to get my blood pressure checked.
They are the nicest firefighters and remembered us and were excited to see Ryan
(since I hadn't been back since I had him).
The sun came out.
We hung out and had a snack.
Headed home with some excited boys who couldn't stop talking about fires.




No comments:
Post a Comment