I had started this post at the beginning of the week and wrote down all Ryan's stats from the doctors and even compared his weight, height and head size to Tate and Blake's at this age. Looks as though that information didn't get saved and of course I threw away the paperwork with the exact numbers and honestly I don't want to go look up Tate and Blake's info again.
So, here is where Ryan is at to the best of my memory:)
Head circumference-97th percentile
Height--91st %
Weight--Just about 19 pounds, 71st %
I'm pretty sure Ryan is running a bit bigger in all categories then Tate was at this age.
Ryan is pretty much the same as Blake was in height and weight.
Tate and Blake always crack me up when I am trying to take Ryan's picture.
Tate originally jumped on the couch and wanted to be in all the pictures. But then it's like he could care less about Ryan falling over into his side. Tate must have been watching a favorite show to not really move or care to help Ryan sit back up.
Same goes for Blake.
Six months old and Ryan had his first great adventure to Utah.
First plane ride with Auntie Karrie.
Rolling around while we were waiting to board our flight on the way home.
He was looking out the window at all the airplanes.
Ryan was the center of attention at Uncle Kris's house on Sunday when we went over to visit. Grandma and grandpa were so excited to meet Ryan. John's mom told me how she couldn't wait to see him and then said, "Right. He looks just like the other boys did!" They do look a lot a like these kids.
Ryan goes back and forth about what he prefers to comfort/soothe himself. He has a binky, but really only sucks on it when he is going down for a nap or bedtime. Otherwise, he just likes to chew on it.
He isn't a full-fledged thumb/finger sucker either like his big brother Tate is.
I think Ryan is pretty much constantly teething, so he is always sucking on a finger or two.
Because of the constant teething, he is also constantly wet from the neck to about mid-waist.
Ryan can generate a lot of drool! My shoulder is usually soaked after I've held him.
Tate and Blake like to pretend drive the car so we were all sitting in the green car listening to music one morning in the above picture.
Ryan is turning into a great eater. He was pretty picky at first, but now he'll eat just about anything you give him. He usually makes a funny face after the first bite and then keep going.
I sold our highchair because I was tired of it taking up so much space in our kitchen.
I haven't gotten another one yet so it is a good thing he still fits in the Bumbo.
There is no question that Ryan is a strong boy and likes to move. He does not sit in one place for long.
I think he is going to be an early crawler. He can lift up his upper body and kicks his legs like he is ready to chase his brothers. I know when he gets mobile it will be more work keeping him out of things. But, I'm excited for him to get a little bigger and be more involved with Tate and Blake. Not so sure how Tate and Blake feel about that though . . .
Ryan did great at the doctor appointment. . .
even with three shots in the legs.
At the end of the kids appointments the doctor always pokes their belly buttons and said "he is perfect."
I couldn't agree more.
Tate asked me if Ryan was getting shots and I said yes he is and maybe you could help him be happy.
So, Tate stood right in front of Ryan while the nurse was giving him the shots and ticked him (trying to make him smile). It was a good effort!
I had found some sour gummy bears in my purse and that turned out to be great motivation for Tate and Blake to stay in those chairs while we were waiting for the doctor. Anything to keep Blake out of the drawers with equipment in them.
Ryan's new favorite toy is his Jumperoo.
This toy was made for Ryan. He loves to jump and has a great time in it.
Blake also likes to come over and play with all the different jungle animals around the edge of it that make noise. I'm glad it hasn't gotten broken yet with all the boys pulling on it and wanting to play.







1 comment:
He is definitely as cute as the rest of the family. Whatever mold you're using works!!
Post a Comment