5.13.2012

Mother's Day

As I talked to some of my friends at church today, I realized just how many people don't live near their moms.  It made me think again how lucky I am to have my mom so close.  Even though an hour drive seems like a long ways at times, it is so nice to be able to see her pretty much whenever I want to!  That is if I can catch her and my dad in between vacations:)
Another bonus is living close to two of my sisters so we invited my mom out to breakfast at the Salish Lodge Saturday morning.  It was a beautiful day and the falls were pretty amazing.  Breakfast was delicious and we all devised a plan for us to make our millions . . . I've got the next great invention!  Karrie is going to market it and provide the capital, my mom will help with production, Lauren will do sales, and I am in charge of the prototypes.  It's going to be amazing.  
It was a great morning with my mom and sisters.
I woke up to Blake trying to get into bed with me, but that was okay because John had held them off for an hour so I could sleep in a little until about 7:15.  I was so surprised to see this great sign hanging up that the boys had colored for me.  The morning (getting everyone up, dressed, fed, shoes on, Sunday bags packed, mom and dad showered and ready to go)went really well which definitely doesn't always happen with 9am church. . . it was a great start to the day.
We wanted to get to church a little early so we could get a seat closer to the front since the Primary kids were singing.
I was the most excited to have Tate get to go up to the front with the other Primary kids for the first time!
Usually we sit near the back and I was afraid if Tate had too far to walk to the front by himself he wouldn't go.
So we got a comfy bench and kinda pushed Tate up there when it was time.  He went up by himself and did great!
I only wish he could have stood up on the stage area so I could have seen him better.
I hope we aren't going to get struck by lightning for snapping this picture on my phone (not really sure what church protocol is on taking pictures?).  I gave the phone to John and said do it fast.  Wish my phone had a zoom option, but that's Tate in the front by the stairs.
Blakey made me this sweet hand print bouquet in nursery.
He has a great nursery leader to do this with all the kids!
And I love Tate's handprints that had a cute poem on the back.
He also has great Primary teachers who he loves seeing each week!
I thought this was a cool picture frame they made in sharing time.
It has the scripture from Joshua 24 on the back . . . "but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
Love it!
I wanted a picture with all my boys before church but John already had Ryan in his carseat and wasn't taking him out.
I snapped a picture with Tate and Blake on their way out to the van before church.
I went to get Ryan to take his picture and realized what a mess he was.  He cute onsie with a tie on it had just been spit up on and it was soaking wet with drool.  So ya he is a mess.  Ads cutie even with spit up on his face (I couldn't find a wipe handy to clean him up!)
It has been a really nice Mother's Day . . . thanks to John for all the help with the kids and cleaning up this afternoon!
*Thanks to Karrie for having some cool program where she could make the individual pictures into a collage for me!

1 comment:

Karen said...

It was a very lovely breakfast. The only way it could've been better was if everyone were there. Thanks! It is great fun to be so close to some of our grandkids. Glad you and John stuck around.