The date I had planned for this month was a "Nature Date." I'm not really a hiker-meaning I love to be outside and go on walks or picnics, but I don't love going on hikes where all you do is look down so you don't trip or fall, you can't talk to the person you're with because you're so outta breath, and you are about ready to die by the time you get to the top! I was thinking we would grab a sandwich and go on more of an easy trail walk or something like that.
John said he really wanted to go miniature golfing instead. Uhhh, what about the plan? He said we could do that another time, but he really wanted to go golfing. I guess that means he will have to plan the next date:) Honestly, I was happy to get out of the house for a couple hours with John. I didn't care what we were doing. And the golf course is outdoors, so we were still appreciating nature and the warm weather.
Whenever we go mini-golfing, John cracks me up because he takes it so seriously. He lines up all his shots, and get the correct stance.
I just put the ball down, swing and hope for the best!
That's my purple ball perfectly placed to get in the hole on my second stroke.
You had to chip the ball over that water trap where the green breaks up. I just got lucky to get my ball over the first try, but John capped out on strokes on this hole. His ball kept going in the water-it made me laugh.
The next hole was pure genius on my part!
I totally got a hole-in-one.
It was so great until John got up to putt and got a hole-in-one too!
Took the wind right outta my sails.
By the end of our round we were still happy with each other and happy to be on our date.
Sometimes that doesn't always happen with competitions . . .
it is easier when we TIE!
That is until we went inside and if you skip the 18th hole you can drop your ball in this Plinko-like contraption and try to win a free game if your ball goes in the center hole.
John went first and totally got his ball in the winning spot!
Mine went right to the bottom in the losers hole.
John pointed out to me that on the certificate it says "You Won!"
So much for a tie.
1 comment:
there is this hysterical episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where Ray and Debra go golfing together to improve their relationship...your date reminded me of this and I laughed!
Post a Comment