4.29.2012

Ryan's Great Adventure

Six months old and Ryan had his first great adventure.
Ryan and I, along with Karrie headed down to Utah for an extended weekend.
Why?  For fun of course.
We  left last Thursday night.
Ryan was getting caught up on evacuating the plane in case of an emergency.
The flight was a little under two hours.
Ryan was awake for about 1 hour and 45 minutes of it.
Darn those loud speakers--really captain I don't need to hear what the weather is going to be like, but thanks for waking up my kiddo!
Ryan spent the flight going back and forth between me and Karrie trying to keep him happy so the other passengers wouldn't kick us off. 
When we got to Utah, the sun came out to welcome us.
We couldn't have gotten nicer weather.
I felt slightly bad about leaving John and the other boys in the rain while we soaked up the sunshine and warm weather.
Ryan and I soaked up the sun outside our friend Suzy's place while her and Karrie were enjoying the spa.
The sun almost made up for me not getting to join in the spa afternoon:)
Ryan was great company.
The whole weekend was just wonderful. 
Going from three children to one for a few days-nice.  (One child is so much easier then three.)
Going from keeping kids busy all day, to no schedule. 
Do whatever.  Whenever.  No dishes.  So nice.
I can't leave out the food.
It is a good thing I don't live in Utah because it would not be good for the waistline.  Not at all.
Way to many delicious places to eat . . . and so little time.
It was a really warm day and Ryan said he would really like some yummy icecream.
Emily and I were happy to going along with that!

First bite was a big one and resulted in a few tears.
No great adventure is complete without some good shopping.
Ryan was a trooper and a pretty good shopping buddy.
He knew right when to start crying so I'd have to leave the store so I wouldn't spend too much.
I'm sure John appreciated that.
Yay for Suzy being such a great hostess.
We were in Utah four days and ate at Cafe Rio three times.
It is just that good.
I'm pretty sure I could have one of these pulled pork tostadas everyday.
I was also introduced to Zupas (recommended by a couple of my friends), which make the most delicious salads and sandwiches.  The best part--you get a chocolate dipped strawberry with your meal.
Even better then the yummy eats, was Ryan getting to meet Grandma and Grandpa "Sparky" for the first time.  He got lots of love from John's side of the family.  We spent Sunday afternoon with John's parents and siblings in the area.  Lots of cousins to meet.  It was great!
Before we headed home Monday, we checked out the new mall at "City Creek Center." 
It reminded me of a mall we have up here in Redmond which is also outdoors and has fun shops.
This mall did have some cool water features that little kids were having fun playing in and a creek that ran down the center of the mall.  It was pretty cool.
We grabbed a quick look at the SLC temple across the street and then Ryan's Great Adventure
had to come to an end.  A big thank you to Auntie Lauren for hanging out with us and then taking us to the airport.

1 comment:

Karrie Shepro said...

Don't let this picture of Ryan sleeping fool you!