4.26.2012

Tate, lately.

Tate has some great friends.
His playgroup buddies.
We really believe things are always more fun with friends!
Throughout our neighborhood there are a number of different parks we like to go play at.
One park we call the frog park is right across the street from Tate's friend Gage's house.
I guess it isn't really a park . . . there is a green frog at one end and this blue whale at the other.  Why the people putting this park together couldn't have put the toys closer together is beyond me.  Us moms stand in the middle of the path trying to keep an eye on our child on the frog and the one on the whale going back and forth.  Anyways, a few times we've been up at the Frog Park and Gage has come out to play too!
I love it that Tate and his friends are at an age where they actually play together.
I don't have to be the referee as much as I did when they were younger still learning to share toys and get along.  Yesterday, we walked down to the Swing Park since the sun came out for a little bit and the boys had a great time running around chasing each other with sticks.
On our way back home Tate and Gage were so cute holding hands and making train noises.
Besides being a good friend, Tate is also getting better at being a good/nice/thoughtful/sharing/considerate/..... brother.
It's a good thing when you have a brother you have a built-in friend.
It isn't always peaches and happiness with these two, but they are getting better playing together and having fun--together.  I love being able to sit at the park and watch them play.

If I were to start over with kids, I would definitely invest in a good rocking chair right from the start.
They are a little pricey, but we all love this glider.  It is so comfortable I could rock my babies for hours!
Tate and Blake like it as much as I do.  They always jump up in it when I'm getting Ryan up or dressed.  
Luckily they both fit in it.  Less fighting over whose turn it is. 
I can't remember why Blake was sad in this picture, but I remember Tate saying that he would rock Blake and make him feel better.
It was so sweet.
Tate really is a good boy.