4.09.2012

Date Night

Our date night for March I planned around our Anniversary.
Six years on March 30th.
I thought it would be a nice chance for us to have a date at the temple. . . 
it was much different going this night with John then thinking about six years ago and getting up early to get ready, being a little nervous about the big day, taking pictures, and all that wedding stuff.
This night things were much more relaxed.
It was nice.
I couldn't think of a better place to spend my evening or a better person to go with.
We were able to do some of John's family's names which made it all the more special.
Of course my camera died as I was trying to take our picture.
We had to resort to my phone's camera (which you can tell is not great) and taking it in the car.
It was such a cold night . . . we couldn't stand outside any longer.
I had included a gift card for dinner in the date night package,
 but of course the restaurant I wanted to go to had moved locations.
So much for making plans in advance!
John got to pick plan B which was a little Mexican restaurant he loves---Azteca:)
I got to pick the activity for the date, so I was willing to let him pick where we ate.
We got a table in a quiet area and had a great time talking and not worrying about the kiddos.  
We knew they were in good hands.
I got soup because it was so stinking cold that night I was just freezing, even sitting in the restaurant.
It was wonderful to come home to a quiet house and these sweet cards that Tate and Blake made for us (with a little help from one of their favorite babysitters!).

1 comment:

Karrie Shepro said...

Those are cute pictures. Good thing I wasn't the babysitter, I'm not that creative.