3.27.2012

Sounders Game

I like soccer.
Games are an hour and a half, not crazy long like baseball.
It's cool that Seattle has a team to follow.
Just too bad it is an open stadium and we don't live in California.
Karrie, John and I went to a game last season and seriously froze.
The yummy hot dogs and soda almost made us forget just how cold we were . . . no, I just wished it would have.  It really was unbelievable cold and windy.
I saw one game and wasn't planning on filling my calendar with any more games.
Last week John called me from work and told me "we are going out this weekend!"
I was totally stunned that he was doing the planning of a date without me knowing about it.
Maybe I can "teach an old dog new tricks" when it comes to dating anyways.
I thought me pushing how much I want a date night each week and his Christmas date night package was finally working.
When I heard soccer game, I initially wanted to pass.
Memories of sitting in the cold came flooding back to me.  Not really how I wanted to spend my Friday night.
Then he told me the tickets were in a suite.
Now that's what he needed to say to get me back to a game!
It was so nice to be warm.
Have a comfortable seat to actually sit in to watch the game.
Dinner I didn't have to make, clean-up or pay for.
And then a dessert cart that had the most amazing looking desserts to choose from.
Ahhh, my healthy eating plan took the night off and it was so worth it.  
The food was delicious, but the company was the best.
It was wonderful to have a night with just John and I talking and having fun without three little boys needing our attention at every moment.

1 comment:

Carla and crew said...

Barry and I went to a Real Salt Lake soccer game last night--I felt lost for most of it. I even forgot that in soccer they count up to the end, instead of counting down like in football and basketball! But it wasn't cold and it was nice to be on a date with my man!