On Valentine's Day I was listening to the radio and they had callers who were talking about how commercialized the holiday is and we shouldn't celebrate love on just this day, blah, blah, blah. It made me think that holidays are what you make out of them. If you buy into all the "commercialization" then of course it is going to be all about the money and gifts. But, if you don't and focus on the more important things like having a family and friends that love you and being able to spend time together, then it is a great day.
Our date packet took care of our Valentine's Day plans. Just putting it out there how much I LOVE this date-a-month gift. It has been so great to have a date already planned and everything taken care of.
Something else I included with each months date is a quote on marriage. Some are funny. Others more thought provoking.
John and I have been reading them together then talking about what it means to each of us.
The plan: A Valentine's Day Breakfast reservation at Salish Lodge in Snoqualmie.
The reservation was made.
Babysitting taken care of.
Work covered.
If only the weather would have cooperated.
It was raining.
So much for doing my hair.
We pretty much ran from our car to the restaurant.
You'd think since we've lived in Seattle for so long we'd be used to the rain-or at least carry an umbrella.
Not so much.
Inside the Lodge-rain free!
It was a busy Valentines morning at the restaurant so I felt a little conspicuous taking lots of pictures.
That is one satisfied husband-he is easy to please with really good food! John got these fajitas that looked great and obviously tasted just as good as they looked! He ate every last bite.
I got a fabulous omelet and a homemade biscuit to die for.
I love a meal I don't have to prepare or clean-up!
Worth every penny.
We had a great view of the falls from our table.
Since my hair was already a mess, I wanted to stop and get a picture of us by the falls.
John was a good husband and cooperated, even though he was melting from the rain:)
A delicious breakfast, excellent service, great company was the best way to start the day.
I told John not to get me anything else, because all I wanted was to spend time with him.
We didn't need to spend a lot of money on other things (since we spent enough on breakfast:)).
I wanted to surprise the boys with a little something for the evening.
I made each of the boys a valentines can that had some yummy treats in them.
It was my night to volunteer at the temple with Karrie so I couldn't spend the evening with the boys.
To make up for my not being there, I left them my love in the form of dinner--
heart shaped pizza and their cans for dessert.
Ideally the cans were to be for dessert, but they opened them right before I left.
I'm glad because I wanted to see their expressions when they opened them up!
Blake wasted no time and went right for the chocolate hearts.
My other special valentine, Ryan, was sad to see me go.
This has to be one of the best Valentines Day!
Really the whole day was just great.
A happy mom and dad.
Kids happy because they got to hang out with grandma, Auntie Bonnie,
cousin Paije and check out the old trains at North Bend.
And ending the day at the temple.
Perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment