2.17.2012

Love in the Air

As a warm-up to Valentine's Day, we had some friends over last Sunday evening to hangout, visit, and decorate cookies.  Any excuse to have a fun evening with friends, I'm all over it these days.  I love a party and you can't have a Valentine's Day party without some yummy treats.
It's always easier to justify making desserts when you're making them for other people:)
(that's what I tell myself anyway.)

Tate was a huge help making the cookies.  He helped me mix the ingredients and cut the cookies out.
And then he helped me taste the frosting just to make sure it was good.  He kept saying after I'd mix in some powdered sugar, "the all important taste test."  He would try a little then tell me what it needed.  Blake really liked that part too.
Blake can spot treats a mile a way.  Now that Blake is a full-on climber, he can help himself!
I had some Vday stickers and thought some of the kids might want to make some valentines.
Blake pretty much just enjoyed dumping the crayons and stickers out on the ground.
Blake and a writing/coloring device = a mess.
He actually is getting better about keeping the coloring just to paper and even staying focused on it for more then 30 seconds.
Tate put on his "party clothes" and had fun playing with all the kids. 
We only had a few meltdowns from this guy to deal with.
Kelsey takes the prize for most detailed decorating.
She made some great looking cookies!
Andrew enjoyed eating them . . .
and Tate enjoyed decorating them (not so much eating it).
Ryan spent the evening checking things out from Paige's lap.
I'm pretty sure Ryan has a crush on her.  He could have stayed with her all night!
Looking back at the pictures, I wish I would have taken more of everyone there.
I got carried away enjoying the chance I had to sit down and visit with my friends--
took a few pictures and called that good.
It was a really fun way to get into the Valentine's spirit.

No comments: