2.17.2012

It's a Girl!

My sister Bonnie is convinced she is having all the girls and I'm having the boys!
Well, so far that is proving to be true.
She is due to have little girl number two in about five weeks.
Bonnie and Paije were in town from Washington DC for the past few weeks and Karrie and I thought it would be fun to throw Bonnie a surprise baby shower. 
We did our best to keep it a surprise, but I think she figured out our scheming.
Our Aunt Robin was so nice to let us take over her very cute new house and have the party there.
It was a perfect space for the friends we had coming over.
We decided to have the shower early Saturday morning so we could have breakfast!
I love a good crepe bar.  Such a delicious way to start the day.
It was fun to have friends we haven't seen in a while there to catch up with and celebrate
Bonnie's upcoming baby with.
What's a shower without Bonnie being funny and presents!
*I'm not sure what Bonnie is doing in this picture?  Keeping things fun:)
Paije was a good helper and would come in a help open some presents (and try them on), and then go back to the other room for some snacks and cartoons!
The not-so-surprised mom-to-be, Paije, Aunt Wendy, Bailie, and Aunt Robin.
I'm convinced no party is complete without a cookie party favor from "Sweet Themes Bakery."  http://sweetthemesbakery.com/  
Alison makes the most delicious cookies and they are works of art. 
We went with bright colors for the shower and I think they looked so great.
I just can't get enough of house adorable the cookies were . . .
Even though Bonnie figured out the surprise, we were so happy to have her here to be able to celebrate this new babies arrival.  We hope she knows how much we love her and our excited for another little girl.

1 comment:

David & Brenda said...

What a lovely and loving surprise. It looks like it was a lot of fun. Congratulations to Bonnie!