This year for Christmas I gave John the gift that keeps giving . . . giving to me that is! My friend found this great idea for a "Year of Dates." Pretty much there is an envelope for each month of the year and inside it is a already planned date night. The idea is at the beginning of each month we will sit down together, open the date envelope, and get it on the calendar. That way it is sure to happen!
My friend Paige and I worked on this for about five months getting all the cards made and figuring out different, fun dates to do and then gathering gift cards and things to go along with the date. It was a lot of work, but is proving to be totally worth it.
The plan for January was going to be a "Iron Chef" dessert competition. **Note to self for next year-do not plan a dessert date for January because I'll probably be on the "it is a new year, gotta lose weight, get in shape diet" and a dessert competition will not fit in with that diet.**
So, I'm going to save the chef hat and plan that for after I've got in shape and lost all that weight:)
We got a got a great babysitter who the boys just loved and then we headed over to the Ballard's.
We played this really fun game called Spot It. With this round deck of cards you can actually play something like five different games-all very fun!
Nice picture of the non-winners! I totally dominated this game. In all honesty, I think we each won one of the rounds we played.
Our next game was "Cupid's Arrow." You try and shoot Q-Tips through a straw into a basket.
The guys were practicing and it helped because they totally dominated this game. Paige and I could barely get the Q-Tips half way to the basket. Paige experimented with other straws and we might have been at a disadvantage with the Valentine's Day straws I had.
It was a great date to start off the new year!
2 comments:
Really sounds like fun. What a great gift idea!
Fun idea. I just might have to steal it...
Post a Comment