It snowed.
Then it snowed more and more.
Then ice.
No power for a couple days.
Tried to remind myself that the snow is so much fun!
The first time it snowed John said he would take the boys sledding after work. Good thing John got that sled he wanted for Christmas or the boys would have been going down the hill on cardboard boxes.
I pulled out the winter clothes tub and started piecing together some snow clothes for Tate and Blake.
I'm afraid Blake wasn't going to win any "Snow Fashion" award for his outfit.
I was totally under prepared for snow a couple years ago, so I went out and spent the money to get some good gloves and snow pants for Tate. I was glad he was willing to put the snow pants on because he can be picky about what clothes he will wear. It is so much effort to get kids ready for snow. By the time they were both ready to go, hats and gloves were off and the cranky behavior was setting in.
Off they went!
All the boys had been battling this cold, runny nose, nasty cough for a couple weeks and of course Ryan got it to. It is so sad to have Ryan coughing and then crying and being so miserable. In an effort not to get Ryan more sick, I pretty much stayed inside with him while the other boys enjoyed the snow.
I was happy to run out and be the photographer for the first run down our hill.
I was surprised the boys were so willing/excited to get in the sled.
No need to convince them about how fun sledding is.
We woke up to even more snow!
I'm not exactly sure how much we got, but probably at least a foot.
It was crazy.
We just don't ever get snow like that.
When Ryan was taking his morning nap, we all got semi-snow-dressed and played in the backyard.
It was so great to make those first footprints in the piles of freshly fallen snow.
Tate wasted no time starting a snowball fight.
Blake seemed so unsure about this snow stuff.
Who needs gloves?
Not tough Krohn boys. You can be sure the mom had gloves on though.
I just had Lasik done on my eyes (thank you very much Karrie), and was trying my best to protect them from flying objects. I was also on the phone while we were outside and Tate was taking full advantage of my being distracted to get me with a snowball.

Tate was having such a great time freezing his little fingers.
Blake was done when he ventured off the deck into the really deep snow and totally fell. He just couldn't get his balance and move successfully in all that snow.
The next day he was all smiles again for more sledding at lunch time with dad.
Thank goodness we have family close enough to go crash at.
When the power went out Thursday night, we were hopeful it would be back on in the morning.
In the morning when there was no estimated time for it to come back on, and other neighbors were told a couple-few days, I thought about how creative I felt.
Could I keep my boys entertained that long with no Sesame Street?
Um, it seemed like a big undertaking.
I, on the other hand, would have been quite content finding plenty to do even with the power out.
John doesn't like being cold. Neither did the boys really. So, we decided to put a hold on having a "lights out adventure" and headed to my parents. Thank goodness they had power.
Our power didn't come on until Saturday night. Just in time for us to get home for John to speak in church the next day. Thank you to my parents for rescuing us even when Tate "left my quiet voice at home."
1 comment:
I love the pic of him throwing the snowball at you!
Post a Comment