We had a great holiday season at our house this year. I think every year it gets better because kids make any holiday really fun and now I have three of them to make things really "Merry." Tate was especially excited for Santa to come this year. We tried to not over use the threat of being on the naughty list with him. But, it definitely worked at times. Blake seemed most entertained by the Christmas lights. When we would drive around looking at the lights in the neighborhood he would just saw "Wooooow!" I love everything about the Christmas season--especially parties. I did a couple cookie exchanges with friends and I love the chance to catch-up with friends while enjoying yummy treats!
![]() |
| Hot Chocolate Bar |
This was the first year that I have EVER varied from tradition and we did Christmas Eve and morning at our house and then went to my parents on Christmas day. John and I have always gone to his parents and then mine on Christmas Eve, spent the night at my parents and then did Christmas day and our birthday with them. Now with our family getting bigger, it just seemed to make sense to stay at our place to kick-off the festivities and then go to grandma's house in the afternoon.
We just moved the traditional Christmas Eve party to our house! We had an awesome buffet of very delicious foods. My family, Uncle Mark and friends the Hillary's came over to join in the celebration.
My dad and Lauren--I was just thinking where did my dad get that Santa hat? I just realized it is one of our stockings upside down.
I guess that's what too much egg nog does to ya.
Tate and Uncle Mark. Tate is into changing his outfits multiple times during the day. He will come down in the morning wearing one thing and then he'll come down later in the day wearing something else??? Not sure the motivation for all the wardrobe changes is coming from, but he was so excited to get to put on his "party clothes" for the night.
Ryan pretty much enjoyed all the holiday fun cuddled up with someone.
Tate thinks it is really fun to make goofy faces instead of a nice smile like him mom would prefer.
After we ate as much of the food as we could; played with all the toys; got some visiting in; we said goodbye to our family and friends and got ready for bed so Santa could come. Before the kids could go to bed though, they took some reindeer food outside to sprinkle on the ground so the reindeer would not miss out house.
Tate definitely didn't want Santa to miss us so he put food for the reindeer in the front and backyard!
Mr. Blake--bathed (thank you grandma), clean, in Christmas jammies, had enough of the party and was ready for bed!
A Christmas story before bed and the mom and dad were ready for kids to be all tucked-in for the evening. Karrie spent the night too and got to be roommates with Tate. She said he was up so late because he kept thinking he heard Santa and the reindeer outside! I'm glad he was excited about it, but wish he wouldn't have stayed up and kept Karrie up until 1am!

1 comment:
A hot chocolate bar -- what a great idea! What was the treat right in the middle of the picture (looks like red something with a candy cane on top)? I mean, if I'm going to copy the idea I need all the details, right?
Post a Comment