12.11.2011

The Perfect Christmas Tree

We set out to a new Christmas tree farm a couple weeks ago in search of the perfect tree for our downstairs.  We have a tree that we setup in the loft up stairs and I love it.  It makes me happy to walk out of my bedroom and see it.  We keep the lights on all day and night and it makes getting up in the middle of the night with the kiddos not so bad because the lights of the tree are so bright and happy!  It is a Pelton family tradition to go to the tree farm and cut one down, so I insisted we go.  Plus, I knew the boys would love it!  So, we bundled up and headed out for family night. 

Tate was so excited he insisted on packing his backpack with snacks (in case we got hungry) and bringing it along.  I tried to tell him it wouldn't take that long to find a tree, but he really wanted to bring the backpack.  Besides a nice tree, I really wanted a cute picture of us in front of the tree we chose.  I should have known that was wishful thinking.  I could hardly get Tate and Blake to slow down long enough to get any sort of decent picture.  They had such a great time running up and down the rows of trees.

Ryan was willing to cooperate for a picture.

We didn't waste too much time looking for the perfect tree.  Tate wanted all the trees that were just about his size.  Blake didn't care as long as he could keep running.  Mom and Dad decided we needed a tree just as tall as the dad.  We kept looking and found a winner.

John got down and a little dirty (his favorite thing:)) and cut down our tree. 
I still hadn't gotten the family picture I really wanted so I tried one more time to corral the boys while the workers were getting the tree loaded for us.  No luck.  Tate and Blake found puddles in the parking area to play around in instead. 
Poor Ryan who couldn't escape got roped into another picture.