11.26.2011

Thanksgiving


Karrie and I wanted to host Thanksgiving this year--I guess we both felt like we had lots of extra time on our hands to be crafty!  It was really fun to make invitations and come up with a yummy menu.  We decided it would be easier for the family to have dinner at my parents instead of driving an hour to our house.  We got the table set, candles lit, food ready and hungry family members ready to dig in.
Karrie and I found this cool idea online to print out the menu like in the above picture.  It's always nice to know what you're about to eat.  Karrie was in charge of that project and they turned out really cute. 
We had two tables next to each other-nice not to have to have a "kids table." 
Good thing my parents house is so accommodating to large numbers. 
My plan was to have Blake napping during dinner (or lunch, we ate at 2:30pm), so I could enjoy the meal.  It kinda worked.  He slept or laid in bed quietly until a little after 3pm.  He wasn't too interested in eating when he got up--just wandering around making lots of noise. 
Tate liked the mashed potatoes and rolls most!
Ryan was a good boy and slept on the couch most of the afternoon!
He woke up for dessert. 
Aunt Wendy was meeting Ryan for the first time!
 
The can of whipped cream is all that Blake was interested in.  Not sure why the picture cut off, but you get the idea.  He really likes having it sprayed into his mouth and kept reaching it off the table when I'd put it back.  That's about all this little kid had for Thanksgiving dinner (nutritious I know).
It was a great afternoon with family and good food.  John and I even got to go out on a little date (movie) after the festivities.  Thanks to Karrie, Lauren, and Grandma for watching our boys while we escaped for a little while. 

No comments: