11.28.2011

Blake Update

 I'm Blake, the middle child in this family and I am almost two years old (1.5 months to go)!  My mom still can't believe that.  Here is a little look into my life these days. . . My days start early-I'm usually up-and-at-'em by about 7am.  I like to start my day with a little Sesame Street and then some breakfast. 
I'm also starting to talk a little more.  Rather, I'm getting good at copying short words that people tell me.  My favorite word, without a doubt, is NO.  I'm really good at pronouncing it loud and clear.  I even say it when I really mean yes.  My mom doesn't love hearing me shout no, so now I can say "shirt, shoes, yes, Tate, all done, and out."  I don't say them all the time, but when prompted.
I also love to go shopping with my mom.  I like to try everything on I can get my hands on-like sunglasses.  Love pulling all of them off the rack to find just the right pair!  Same thing at the library except with books-I find great excitement in pulling books and movies off the shelves.  I'm sure the librarians get excited when they see me coming.  I also don't like to go unnoticed, so I make lots of loud noises.  Usually they are happy noises like yelling competitions with my big brother Tate.  My mom especially loves this game we play.  Boys-we make noise and like it! 
I love having friends to play with.  Friends like my Aunt Karrie and Lauren and Grandma.  I also have a great time at nursery on Sunday and at Tate's playgroup-there is a cute girl there named Emma who is just about my age and we both like to climb on things and show our tummies off! 
I am a bit attached to my mom currently and don't like it when she's not holding me or somewhere I can see her.  I definitely don't like it when she leaves.  I cry for a while, but eventually remember that she'll be back like always.  I know my mom likes that I'm her BBF. 
You wouldn't guess it by looking at me, because I'm going to play football when I get older, but I am a really picky eater.  I mainly like fruit and crackers and anything sweet-especially chocolate!  When I don't like something I either throw it on the ground or push the fork away and turn my nose and say no.  My pickiness can make for a long mealtime, but I am almost 2 and I only like what I like!
I have a knew brother who I love.  He may cringe a little when I get close to him because I'm still learning to be soft and not squeeze his head too hard because I can pretty much palm his head like a basketball.  I like to rub my head on his face and even give him kisses.  One day he'll get bigger and then we can be better friends because we'll be able to play together.  For now Ryan just sleeps a lot.  My big brother Tate is pretty cool too.  I like to copy what he does-good or bad.  He loves to cook and play pretend, so that's what I like to do too!  We also love to play in the sandbox together and play chase. 
I'm a really fun boy and I also like to play with things I can put together and take apart-things with lids or puzzles mostly.  You should get to know me if you don't because I'm a cool little person with a easy-going, snuggly personality . . . most of the time.
 First trip to the dentist.  It was for Tate's check up, but I got to climb up in the big chair and even opened my mouth wide enough for the dental assistant to push on my teeth.  I thought it was great!
 This is me loving my brother Ryan.  His head is just the right size for squeezing!

1 comment:

Karrie Shepro said...

That was a good angle for me, thanks! I'm glad I know Blakey, he is so fun and has the best smile.