11.07.2011

Ryan's Arrival

I told the nurses it's a good thing they make you get to the hospital two hours before the scheduled surgery time, because it all of a sudden hits you that you're about to have a baby and life will never be the same again!  It is nice to have lots of waiting time to process what's coming next.  And traffic was awful on a Friday night getting into Bellevue so we were late.  Luckily, they didn't bump us from our time.  I still haven't figured out how to do collages with pictures so this post is long because I love so many of the pictures of Ryan.  I keep telling myself I don't need to post all of them here because I am doing a baby book for him and will include more pictures there.  I hope this gives our family that lives far away a better idea of who our new little guy is:
All ready to go across the hallway to surgery.  Karrie is our designated photographer for these kinds of events.  John jokes he got fired after Tate--it's true.  It was too much for him to worry about me, the baby and taking pictures.  With Karrie joining us I'm sure to have a less-stressed husband and great pictures! 
Before Dr. Graham started we were guessing if it was going to be a girl or boy and how big.  Me and John thought girl.  The Dr. thought 8 pounds 2 oz., John thought about 7 pounds and Karrie was in the middle I think.  I was a little nervous this guy could be a big because Tate was just under 7 pounds at 37 weeks, Blake was 8.4 at 38 weeks and this little one was 39 weeks plus a couple days. 


The doctor's seemed to get him out quickly this time.  With Blake it seemed to take a lot longer.  It was really nice not to have to wait in anticipation too long.  I wanted John to be the one to announce if it was a boy or girl.  So, we're waiting and I'm somewhat avoiding looking at the big lights shinning down on me because they were kind of reflective and I didn't really want to see them cutting my stomach open.  But, I did look up just when they had pulled the baby out and I saw that our baby was another boy first!  I think I said "it's a boy," right when the doctor held him up for John to see.  I was kind of happy to get to know first in all honesty:)  I'm happy to say that John and I weren't sad it wasn't a girl.  We love our boys and were just grateful this baby was healthy and perfect in every way.
 The hard thing for the mom, in my opinion, about having a C-section is just being detached from getting hold the baby after it is born and being up close.  I'm still laying there being put back together while they take my sweetie away.  At least he was in view the entire time and I got to see them cleaning him off and checking him out.
 We were all wrong with the weight.  When they pulled him out he looked so little, we thought for sure he would be around 7 pounds. . . not so much.  Ryan weighed in at 8 lbs. 10 oz.  Even though that is "big" in some people's view for a baby, I still think he is tiny and just the right size.
 Ryan didn't cry much-mostly when they were checking him out.  He seemed pretty content just to lay there on his tummy with dad close by.  That's me behind John's right arm. 
 I love this picture.   
 Finally getting to see him up close.
I really just wanted to be able to touch my new little guy, but it's a little tricky with everything they have you hooked up to.  A finger on the forehead was enough until we got back to the room and I could hold him.
 A big thanks to Auntie Karrie for pictures well done.

8 comments:

Bethany said...

Really great pictures! Good work photographer Karrie :). He is so precious, and I love that you put all these pictures up here.

David & Brenda said...

Warms my heart! Thank you for sharing. We are so happy for all of you!!

Linda Westover said...

Thanks for sharing with us. there is nothing in the world quite like the birth of a child! Karrie is getting so good as a photographer she might have to start charging;)

April Bishop said...

Congratulations! He's super sweet! And I sure love my little same gender family. It's fun to watch them be best friends. They're lucky to be close together, friend brothers! =)

Bonnie and Ben Kacher said...

so cool. I want to come next time!

Jen and Jared said...

I'm so excited that you have three boys! (Hmmm...I wonder why?) Ryan is such an adorable baby. Hope all is well with the five of you. That's right, FIVE. :)

Natalie said...

Congratulations!!! SERIOUSLY fantastic pictures Kerrie. I think she needs to start doing birthing picture professionally. So cute!

Lisita said...

LeeAnn - You won my Shutterfly give away! Email me so I can get the info to you for your free cards. Congrats! davfamseattle(at)gmail