11.07.2011

Thoughts about "The Day Before"

I wasn't so great at taking many more "belly shots" before Ryan joined the family, but I did take this one the day before he arrived.  We were walking home from playgroup.  I don't really love this perspective any more then I have the other ones, but oh well, you get the gist of the big belly.  It was nice to have some sunny weather and be able to get outside and walk around.  I was hoping the extra activity might help get Ryan here without having to have a c-section, but no luck.  We headed up to my parents Friday morning to get everything situated before we went to the hospital.  I had hopes of naps for both the boys, but they are doing construction in front of my parents house.  Naps were outta the question with all the noise and free entertainment (watching all the diggers).  My Aunt Laura and cousin Gracie came over that afternoon to watch the kiddos while we were at the hospital.  Tate and Blake were so excited to have them come over and play.  The boys even got lucky enough to go with Aunt Laura and Grace to their ward's Trunk or Treat!  With my parents being out of town visiting my brother back east, John and I were so grateful for our friends and other family that were so helpful.
If you asked Tate if he was going to get a brother or sister, he would say sister.  He was pretty convinced it was going to be a sister (I think we all thought this one was going to be a girl) and we were going to call her "PapaCeasar."  We may have gotten too much take-out the last bit of this pregnancy:)  It was a funny joke that that is what we were going to name the baby.  We would ask Tate if he liked names we were thinking of and he was always very honest about if he liked them or not.  We also liked to play a game where Tate would put his hands on my stomach when the baby was kicking and then we'd pretend the baby kicked to hard it knocked his hands way off my stomach.  I think Tate thought it was pretty cool to feel all those movements.
Blake really had no idea what was about to rock his world!
We did our best to talk about this new brother or sister coming and how fun it is going to be to have another friend to play with.  I'm hoping in the long run those talks will pay off and Blake will be happy about this new addition to the family.  I remember how hard it was for Tate to adjust to Blake when he was born.  Luckily, both boys have been really great big brothers to Ryan.

No comments: