11.30.2011

Ryan Update

As always, time flies and it is hard to believe it has already been 4 (almost 5) weeks since Ryan joined our family.  Lots of people told me how hard three kids was going to be--it was going to be what pushed me over the edge.  I tried to prepare my best for the big "adjustment" to life with three kids, but there's no preparing for it is what I've decided.  You just go with it one day at a time. 
Ryan is pretty much a dreamy baby.  He sleeps a lot, handles Blake's poking well, lets Tate feed him and try to carry him, isn't a messy eater, doesn't spit up, loves to be cuddled and rocked.  What more could I want from a baby?  Well, maybe a little more sleep at night, but we're working on that. 
The areas where life is harder now is trying to leave the house.  It takes so long to get everyone packed up and in the van.  I thought I'm going to be stuck in this house forever now!  Ahhhh-it was driving me crazy.  Even with all the work it takes to get out, it is worth it (usually).  I have a hard time being at home all the time, so we take trips to the library or store a couple times a week.  There have been times I've wished I wouldn't have bothered, but I'm learning how to handle three kids out of the house and it is getting easier. 
What else is hard-being exhausted.  As much as I just want to take naps and catch-up on my sleep, the life of a mom continues on no matter if you can catch a nap or not! 
Even though it is hard at times, this past month has been one of learning and lots of good moments too.  John and I are still working out the kinks of being parents of little boys, but we're getting there. 
Those sweet faces are worth all the work:)
Somehow I managed to get one decent picture of Ryan at his "official one month" photo shoot on the couch.
Pretty much all the other ones looked like this picture.  Lots of tears and crying.  Maybe next month he won't mind smiling for the camera. 
Thank goodness for family close by to come to the rescue and provide much needed adult company during the long, rainy days we had to stay inside.  We will be sad when Auntie Lo-Lo goes back to college in January. 
Meant to be!
These two are destined to be together . . . or at least good friends because their big brothers are buddies (and so are their mommies).  Miss Kenadee is about 3 months older then Ryan. 
You wouldn't really guess that just looking at them though!
 
Tate has been such a good big brother spoiling Ryan with hugs and kisses all day long.  Tate also loves to give Ryan a bottle during quiet time.  Tate says he has to "plug it in the outlet" (plug the bottle in Ryan's mouth).  If you know Tate at all and his love of all things that plug-in, that statement was totally Tate.
Ryan is starting to smile more.  I find it is usually about 2:30 or 3 in the morning when I'm giving him a bottle and I look down and he gives me the biggest grin.  It almost makes me forget how tired I am. 
Ryan is a perfect fit into our family (even if he isn't a girl:)).
We love him.

2 comments:

Jen and Jared said...

You've got some cute little guys on your hands. Does Ryan like being in a baby carrier? I feel like outings are a heck of a lot easier when the littlest guy is in one of those. :) Also, has anyone used the word "busy" with you yet? I wanna smack those people. Everyone's busy. :)

April Bishop said...

Cute! Sometime when you're bored and up for a drive, come hang out with us. Especially over Christmas break when all the girls will be home to play with the boys and then we can just sit and chat. And eat some chocolate...