9.24.2011

Baby #3

Ready or not, baby #3 is getting closer and closer to making it's appearance (Oct. 28th via c-section).  I did not do much posting when I was pregnant with Tate or Blake about the pregnancy-how things went, their arrival, weekly pregnant pictures, all that kind of stuff.  I wish now I would have been better about that because things I think "I'll never forget," are definitely being forgotten.  Third times a charm.  This is for the record (or blog book).

Letting this baby's gender be a surprise is definitely my idea.  John is not one for surprises and would have rather found out, but I've always wanted to have at least one baby where we didn't find out.  Everyone gave us a hard time about it at first and I almost caved at the ultrasound, but am very glad I did not.  I am totally excited to not know if this baby is a boy or girl.  It is going to make the delivery even more exciting.  And I think it will be so nice to hear from John if it is a boy or girl instead of the ultrasound technician.  I also figured I'm saving a lot of money, because if I knew it was a girl, the shopping for all those cute girl clothes and accessories would have started a long time ago.

Two feet and ten toes accounted for.
This pregnancy has been nothing like with Tate and Blake.  Those pregnancies I felt A-W-F-U-L the first trimester and some of the second.  I didn't throw-up much, but I just had a constant nausious feeling.  It was the worst.  This time around I have felt good.  I have not thrown-up once and only felt nausious a handful of times.  I have been a lot more tired though.  Hard to say if that is the pregnancy or just having two other children to chase after and entertain all day?  Probably some of both. 

This baby is also much more active then Tate and Blake were.  I felt Tate and Blake move around like babies should, but not ever to the extent of kicking me so hard it was uncomfortable or kept me up at night.  I started feeling this baby move very early and it moves around and kicks all the time.  Enough to keep me up and be a bit uncomfortable.  My doctor thinks the way babies are before they are born is usually a lot like their personality.  John and I might really have our hands full if that is the case.  Maybe this baby knows it has two older brothers to keep up with and is getting ready!

33 weeks pregnant
Honestly, I don't love or get all excited about how big my belly is growing from week-to-week.  The gaining of weight while pregnant I really, really don't like so I have a hard time taking pictures of me preggo because I wish I didn't have to get bigger:)  I try to not focus on that.  Just like I wish my mom had more pictures of her pregnant with me and Karrie, these pictures (and I will try and take others the next few weeks) are for the day these kiddos want to remember how mom looked with them in her belly. 

I've had a c-section with each pregnancy.  Tate was induced at 37 weeks because my blood pressure was too high even after some bedrest and the only way to get it down was to have the baby.  So, that's what we did.  Went to the hospital Friday evening and Tate was born Sunday morning.  Not realizing "once you have a c-section, you keep getting them" was the norm in our neck of the woods, I found that out about 5 months pregnant with Blake.  My doctor informed me they don't do 'v-bac's'.  She also told me I wasn't a great candidate for that because of the issues with Tate.  I was too far into this pregnancy to try and find another doctor . . . so along came Blake at 38 weeks (a little early at my request b/c who wants to be pregnant longer then they have to be!?).  My new doctor is open to the idea of a 'v-bac' which is the best news.  He wasn't going to tell me I had to deliver a certain way and I really appreciated that.  With that being said, it will take all the planets and stars aligning and me going into labor early and things moving along quickly for a vaginal birth to happen.  Until that happens . . . a c-section is scheduled for Friday, Oct. 28th (39 weeks pregnant).  We'll see how things go?
Totally cheesy
      A lot of people don't think I look very pregnant.  I guess that is a matter of opinion.  I may not look as "out there" as others, but I certainly am feeling very pregnant these days.  I just have enough room in there for babies to hide out.  All these differences in pregnacies sways my thinking to-it could be a girl.  My sisters reassure me it is going to be another boy.  So, I'm going into the delivery (most likely another c-section) with the expectation it is a boy.  And we would be very happy with that.  If it happens to be a girl . . . well, that would be alright to.  Bring on the shopping!

5 comments:

Candice said...

I'm glad you posted your blog address on fb. It will be fun following your family.

p.s. in case you're interested, our blog is scsanders.blogspot.com

Bethany said...

We waited to find out with Andrew, and I absolutely loved it. You're right that most people don't understand or agree with that method, but they're not the ones having the baby! Matt didn't like waiting so we found out with Emma, and I can still say it was more fun waiting :)

HAdams said...

LeeAnn you look beautiful! I can't believe you are going to have your 3rd! Your boys are adorable, I've got a weakness for cute blonde baby boys. :)

Brenda Sue said...

LeeAnn, I am the same way when I am pregnant... I have lots of room for the baby to hide out, and a tilted uterus, so I know exactly how you feel. I am so excited to meet your newest little one! And good luck with the V-bac!

Jen and Jared said...

You look fabulous! My baby bump doesn't get enormous either. I guess my internal organs are just very easy to squeeze into teeny tiny spaces. :) Anyway, good luck with everything! I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl! (We didn't find out with baby #3 either. It's pretty fun.)