8.15.2011

Some Fun

Tate has been really excited for a roommate.  He told me one night that I could move my bed in his room and sleep there.  I told him I didn't think the bed would fit.  Then he suggested the new baby could sleep in there.  I did consider that for a few minutes and then went back to the original plan:  how about Blake moving in here?  "Okay.  Ya, that would be fine."  So, we jumped on the enthusiasm for getting a roomie and moved Blake's crib in. 
 Tate seems to love having Blake in his room!  I didn't think Blake would really care one way or another, but even 19 month old's have attachment issues to their rooms.  The first few nights he got up a couple times in the middle of the night and seemed to just be looking around his new strange room wondering where he was.  Blake will still run into his old room and spin around seeming to take it all in that his old room was still there.
 Blake's poor crib has taken a beating with all the jumping he likes to do and now big brother thinking he should get to jump in it too.  It is nice to have made the transition now so hopefully the boys can both be happy and settled before this next baby arrives.
 The boys also got lucky a couple weeks ago when both grandma and Auntie Karrie came to watch them for the morning.  John was working and I had a baby shower for a good friend to go to and help with, so grandma and Karrie came on down and took them out and about. 
 They went to a couple stores including IKEA and let the boys run around and around. 
It is saying something to have Blake fall asleep in a shopping cart.  I don't think he has ever done that!
I was happy to have the help for the morning and a nice quiet afternoon!

1 comment:

Karrie Shepro said...

Your boys are a handful, but so fun. I was definitely glad I had grandma there too!