7.14.2011

Part 2 and 3 of the 4th

Part 2.  Started with naps for the lucky ones. 
After naps, a delicious BBQ outside in the backyard.  
Good food.
A fabulous jello salad decorated like a flag.
Visiting with family.
Happy boys.
A great tradition. 
 Hello again from the Old Navy Family.  I just have a thing with us all dressing up matchy-matchy.  I know there are other less overt ways of dressing for the holiday and all, but I thought it would be fun to all coordinate in this, some may say, cheesy way (I don't mind). 
A can't sit still family of 4.
 John got totally sunburned sitting out during the parade.  No one felt sorry for him though because he "doesn't believe in sunscreen." 
A nice, well behaved family of 3.

 Found some shade while waiting for the yummy food.
I guess Auntie Karrie brings out the goofy faces in Blake.

Part 3.  The fireworks show.  We headed back home to do fireworks since it stays light so late and we have had a hard time in the past getting home through our neighborhood if we wait too late.  We have some neighbors/friends who get a little crazy with all the fireworks. 

Not us.  Mainly because I don't really like spending a lot of money on things you are just going to blow-up.  So, John took Tate and 10 dollars to the fireworks stand and came back with some kid friendly things . . .
 The leader of the loud noises.
 We invited our friends the Deru's over for our $10 show and it started out good.
 But then some of the 'supposed to just light up and hop around fireworks' made a really big bang
and Tate's buddy Gage didn't like that.  Not at all.
 Blake also started off fine liking the snakes, space ships, and bees, but the loud bangs (and closeness to bedtime) were enough to send him over the edge too. 
The evening ended with the Deru's going home a little early so Gage wouldn't be tortured anymore and Blake to bed after a few more failed attempts to get him to watch.  Tate and dad had a great time lighting off the rest of the fireworks!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Matt doesn't believe in sunscreen either. Maybe we can hang out as widows when our husbands die of skin cancer, sheesh.