7.18.2011

Checkin' In at 18 months

Blake turned 18 months last week and some big things have been happening for this little guy.
1.  He is officially in nursery!  Since I got put in as one of the nursery leaders, he's been coming for a the past month.  Now he is really on the attendance and he loves it.  I think his favorite part is music time.  I can't blame him.  We have a great music leader who does the funnest things with the kids! 

2.  The child walks!  Honestly, I thought this day would have come a lot sooner.  Blake has known how to walk for I'd say at least a couple months-great balance, moved around furniture and people just fine.  He just seemed to prefer crawling and got super good at it!  He was like a little speeder crawling.  Things finally clicked and now he walks with occasional crawling.  It still surprises me to see his head wobbling in a room.  Blake seems very proud of himself for the accomplishment.
3.  Independence.  Feeding small  children is not really my most favorite part of parenting.  It seems to come around all too often that they need a snack or a meal and then the task of finding something they'll eat has to happen.  Blake has turned into a picky eater and most food choices get tossed to the ground creating a mess to clean up after every meal!  And now that he has to feed himself, a bath is required too!  

4.  Everything else . . .
  • Blake loves puzzles and taking things in and out of their containers.  Like when he got into the pantry and dumped out the box of cereal.  But, he did try to pick it all up and put it back in the box.  He also likes getting into the garbage and taking out lids and straws and finding cups to put them in.
  • He is a jabberer.  Words I recognize are-Elmo, Up, Mama, Dada, ball.  Lately, he'll pick up John's work phone or one of our cell phones and just start talking into it.  It amazes me at how much they pick up from just watching us.
  • Is in the 72% for height, 75% for weight (28 pounds), and 95% for head size.  I don't know how our girl children will take having a huge head like their brothers (maybe that won't be an issue if we keep having boys:))
  • Still LOVES jumping in his bed, being outside, laughing at Tate when he runs around singing, always finds a rock to hold when he's outside, is a total flirt with the ladies, and has the best smile around!

No comments: