7.02.2011

The Little Farm

. . . open at last!  It only took a couple months of waiting, but man was it worth it.  I had originally planned to take both boys to the opening day with John, but Blake and I had driven up to Bellevue for my doctors appointment and he fell asleep in the van on the way home.  So, Blake enjoyed a nice nap and John enjoyed working while Tate and I had a date with the animals.  We lucked out and got some parting of the gray clouds and saw the sun while we were there.  We were also really happy to have some friends make it to.  Things are always way more fun with friends and other grown-ups to talk to:)
I was just expecting to see the animals, but there was so much more: picnic tables set-up, bubbles, lasso the cow's head, horse rides, it was great! 
Andrew and Emma in the back of the tractor
What little boy would pass up getting on this tractor and going for a spin?  Tate is very much into questioning everything-what is this?  What does this do? The same things over and over.  After doing my best to answer 101 Tractor Parts questions, a very nice lady (not sure if she was an owner or friend or relative) asked the boys if they wanted to go for a ride! 
 "Does a dog like a bone (as John says)?"  Of course, Andrew and Tate were so excited to go on a ride.
 The tractor ride got just about that far before all these other kids came flooding over to get in on the ride.  It was like those clown cars, but with little kids.  There were a lot that crammed in to the back.  I thought that might be enough to get Tate out, but he stuck it out and had a great time.  When he got out he said, "that tractor ride was so fun!"
 He also got a kick out of feeding the very excited goats and very sweet bunnies.  I would have to say the bunnies were his favorite part.  They wrapped these bunnies up in little blankets so they would just jump away while kids held them and fed them carrots.  We did this a few times while we were at the farm.  Tate was so sweet and gentle with the bunnies.  When a bunny finished the carrot he would whisper to me to please get him another carrot.

Big brother in training!
 During our last visit to the farm Tate got to ride the pony and horse, so I figured he'd want to do it again.  I didn't mind spending an extra $3 for a horse ride, but I have to say I was a bit disappointed they only got to make one lap around the yard---I thought at least two laps would be worth the $3.  Oh well, Tate stayed on (even though he kept sliding to the left side) and had a good ride on Dolly.
I was happy to have my camera with me this time to get all the fun!

1 comment:

Karrie Shepro said...

Bunnnnnnnnies! Cute! And Tate isn't so bad either.