6.30.2011

Some Sunshine

I really don't know if we're going to get much of a summer this year (as I looked at a gray sky all day again today!), but I will stop complaining and be happy for the days when the sun does decide to come out.  One of those days last week, when it was beautiful and warm, we were at my parents.  I love being there because they have this great big yard, a garden that puts mine to shame, and two very happy grandsons-always!  Tate was so excited to get the sprinkler hooked up as soon as we got there.  He had it all connected, water turned on, and clothes off in a matter of minutes. 

 Blake, who had crawled over to the other side of the yard to play in the little pond, was checking out all the fun Tate was having and decided to come over and join the fun.
 Well, by the time Blake got over and I got some of the clothes off, Tate had lost interest and found something else to entertain him.
 Blake also had a great time investigating that sprinkler and trying to figure out how it all worked.
 Blake kept covering up some of the holes on the sprinkler and then letting go and getting a face full of water.
 Grandpa had just finished mowing the lawn and was racking up the grass when Tate looked up and saw Ella (the dog) rolling around in the grass hills grandpa had just racked up.  Tate (who, at some point shed the diaper), thought that was just hilarious and ran over to start throwing the grass at Ella.  Note:  Grandpa did not think it was that funny.  I was grateful they live on a dead end with no neighbors within eye shot of my naked little Tate running around like crazy.
 Grandma also has this tiny little swimming pool that Blake would be happy in all day.  When the sprinkler got turned off, he moved into the pool and was quite happy just sitting there playing with the bubble gun that doesn't work.
It was almost too hot for me to sit there watching the kiddos. 
I can't very well complain about no sun and then complain about it being too hot! 

No comments: