Tate is now 3 years old and 1 month. I thought it was about time I wrote down (for posterity:)) all the great things that make Tate--Tate (and why we love him so much).
Food: Every meal is "Lunch." Doesn't matter how many times I say it is breakfast time or dinner time, when he says time to eat. . . it is "time for lunch." Tate is definitely more of a small meal/snacker, then a sit down eat three meals a day. He doesn't like to eat breakfast until he's been up for a little while. Favorite food (does gum count as a food?)--chicken pot pie. Can eat the whole entire thing. He is also a big vegetable fan. Likes broccoli, mushrooms, and cucumbers most.
Hobbies: Tate is way into doing puzzles. He has three puzzles (Clifford, digger, and pirates) that he does daily. Over and over. He likes to say "I have a smart brain to do puzzles," as he finds matches in the puzzles. Now that the sun is coming out more, the dad is outside doing yard work and Tate is close behind. Tate loves to help (no matter what you're doing). When he's not outside he loves to help me in the kitchen. Favorite is baking-he likes to get out the big mixer (KitchenAid) and make chocolate chip cookies. He also likes cutting with, of course, the sharp knives. So far he's still got all his fingers! Swimming lessons are going well and he talks about how he likes going under when he jumps in. He also loves playing with his friends and going to the park to swing. His new thing to do at the park is play "peek a boo" or hide and seek.
Future Job: We might have an accountant on our hands. Tate loves lining things up (fruit snacks, blocks, trains, crackers, anything really). He gets whatever it is out and puts them in long lines or piles by color or makes a rainbow. This perfectionism is something he gets from his daddy for sure.
Randomness: Tate also likes listing things off in the order we're doing them. This is because whenever we go out I talk to him about where we need to go (mainly so I don't forget). First we need to go to Costco. Then, we're going to get gas, etc. He's cute making shopping lists for us and going over and over where we need to go. I love having a little assistant. He likes to be a baby which drives me slightly crazy. He has a toy binky that he'll get and pretend cry until he puts the binky in his mouth. He will want to be fed or carried up the stairs to bed. "Wrap me up like a baby." We are spending a lot of time talking about how great it is to be a big boy!
Changes: Tate is a no napper. I know . . . I'm crazy. It's not that he won't take a nap. He will. He'll just also be up until about 9:30 or 10pm! Getting my evenings back was just more important then a nap. He's been doing great this week staying up all day (the 5:30 hour is a bit rough), and then being in bed at 7:30pm. I LOVE having two boys in bed and still have an evening to get other things done. He's been sleeping better and getting up around 8am.
*Tate is a great talker. I don't always love what comes out of his sweet mouth (NO these days),
but he's a perfect little helper for the mom.*
2 comments:
So sweet! Porter lines things up too! He is so OCD about everything! We had the same nap battle with Porter and Parker and are now having it with Emery. I agree with you much better to have your evenings than stay up till 10 with kids! Bedtime at 7:30 is the BEST!
I have to keep Isabelle from keeping naps now too. If she takes a nap she cant fall asleep till midnight. Not fun! I just have to be careful not to go anywhere in the car around 5:30 or she will be out right away.
Post a Comment