I don't think I mentioned it in my other post about my grandma, but my grandma was very talented. For a long time, it seemed like whenever I'd go down to her apartment to get her for dinner or something, she'd be working on quilting something. She made beautiful quilts, baby quilts, baby boots, and booties and she crocheted the edging of my temple apron. When it got harder for her to crochet, I remember my mom buying lots of baby flannel material so she could "stock pile" some receiving blankets. I wonder if there are still some left ???. . . anyways, I was lucky to get a couple of those blankets she had made when Tate was born.
Besides being very talented with a needle and thread, which she tried teaching me but I couldn't figure it out, Grandma Grace had the best smile. She was always smiling! This was 2 years ago at the Bothell Fourth of July Parade with Tate. Even holding Mr. Squirmy-big-boy, she was still smiling. Love that.
No comments:
Post a Comment