The greatest thing happened this week. Blake said "Ma-ma." And the best part was, John was sitting right there when he said it. I've been working really hard trying to teach Blake to say mama, since Tate was such a dada boy long before he said mama. I even got Tate in on the teaching too. I would tell Tate we've got to help Blake say mama.
Me: Blake, say mama. Ma--ma.
Tate: Blake mama. BLAKE MA MA (getting louder). BLAKE SAY MAMA (pretty much yelling at Blake now).
It wasn't every second of the day that I was saying to Blake mama, but every time I did, Tate would turn around and get in on it to. Blake just thought it was funny when Tate got up in his face telling him to say mama.
I am so happy that all my brainwashing paid off! I couldn't believe that morning Blake said it (as I was changing his diaper), it was clear as day. Even if it was just Blake making noises and it wasn't really intentional (or happened again), I'm counting it. One point mom!
Tate talking lately is going like this:
Tate: Mom what's this (pointing to the smashed slug)?
Tate: Mom look at this (pointing to the spider), mom what's this, mom what's this, mom look at this!
All day long, Mr. Curious wants to know what everything is. If it's not that, he's saying, "I neeeeeeeeed it." He says it with such longing it makes me laugh. It's like he's going to die if he doesn't get it.
Tate: Mom I need it. (referring to the milkshake) I need a chocolate treat now. Mom I need it! I need soda. I love soda. Delicious. (ya, I'm a bad mom for letting Tate drink my soda). I promise we don't just have milkshakes, chocolate and soda at our house-although that all does sound great right now!
2 comments:
Seriously Tate is so funny with his neeeeeding everything - especially chocolate. We speak the same language.
It's just a riot to listen to him talk about anything!!
Post a Comment