(This post is for my brother and sister that live out of state and can't believe we bought a van:))That's what we are these days-the minivan driving kind. We knew our next car needed to be bigger for our family. I just didn't think that day was upon us already. I think the decision to buy a van got expedited b/c John was tired of hitting head every time he got into my car with the boys, and his El Camino was starting to have some "leaking" problems. So, John announced he was selling his car. I reminded him that I in no way was suggesting that he needed to do that . . . I understood when he bought that car it was not a practical family car (it just took him a little longer to see that). He listed it on Craigslist and sold it in two days! I couldn't believe it.
I still figured we'd wait a while before we bought another car, but John isn't really patient when it comes to cars. Long story short-we bought a car last weekend. Picked it up Tuesday. Love it. Coming to grips with being 30 and driving a van.

4 comments:
I had that same sort of shock when we got a van--for crying out loud, we only had three kids and my parents had a van--because they had seven kids to haul around!! But they are very nice...the kids don't have to "touch" each other!
At least you are a great looking 30year old driving a really nice looking van. What kind is it? I love that new car smell. I can promise you it won't last for long for kiddos riding in the back!
Hey, at least they make vans now that don't look like the huge monstrosities that those of us in the "older" generation had to drive.
I just wish that someone could design a transformer vehicle that would change from sleek car to mini-van at the touch of a switch. That I would go for in a heart beat!!
I forgot to mention it is a Toyota Sienna-been previously loved by some other people before us. I went to Costco today and it was so awesome to get two boxes of diapers and all the groceries in the back with room to spare. Love it!
Post a Comment