7.24.2010

Double Dating

Not just for teenagers. My friend Paige and I had been talking about how busy life is and all that and how we wished our husbands would take our hints about wanting to go out on a date. We decided maybe our efforts would be more successful if we started the 'ball rolling' so-to-speak and planned the first date. We thought it would be fun to get creative like we used to do in college and plan a fun, yet inexpensive double date night.
The invite, including cookies, was happily received. John was really excited to just have to show-up for the date.
We planned to go over to the high school to play some tennis. And we were going in style-on scooters! John was a good sport in trying out the scooter-he's not so coordinated when it comes to this and I think he felt like he was going to kill himself trying to figure "these contraptions" out. So, he mostly walked carrying the scooter. Good thing the school is just across the street from our house. Team Krohn vs. Team Ballard on the courts. It was just a 'friendly' game John kept saying. John never plays any game just for fun--I think we each won a match. Yea, we're all winners:)

Team Ballard after the game-still smiling.
That's a good sign-John didn't play too competitively.
After the game we had a little picnic on the court and then headed back home.
John got the hint and said how much fun he had and he guesses now it's the guys turn to plan something. Good John . . . we'll see if that really happens.

2 comments:

Karrie Shepro said...

Matchy-matchy! I could have gotten shirts for Paige too :) Looks like it was a fun date.

Becca said...

Looks like fun. I think Charles and I need to get out more on dates too. I wish I was creative like you!