5.16.2010

Double Trouble

I played the matchy-matchy game with the kids today. Thanks to grandma for the cute matching shorts! I thought since the weather has been so nice it would be fun to dress-up more summery for church today. I wasn't too sure about white on Tate-didn't think the white would stay white for so long, but he actually kept it clean until lunch. Blake managed to keep his top clean until about the second hour in church when he spit up all over it and me:)Update on Tate: Tate seems to be learning more and more words everyday. He is turning into a talker! It is cute to watch him try and pronounce these new words because he is so deliberate in how he says hose or shampoo, his little mouth moves all over the place. It really is nice to be able to understand him better. Despite learning new words he is still holding on to some of his made-up names for certain things. Like mail is "meem," and candy/treads is "me-me." Not really sure where he got those, but it works. Tate is back to liking nursery which is such a great thing. He has the best nursery leaders who let him play with all his favorite toys like their phones and keys. We are lucky to have Terri and Sue around to help Tate love nursery. Blake Update: Blake is 4 months old now and growing fast. He is currently wearing 9 month outfits. So much for reusing Tate's clothes (we are running into seasonal issues b/c Blake is so much bigger than Tate was at this age). It's a good think I like to shop! Blakey is finally catching on to sleeping through the night and will sleep from about 8:30pm to 6 or so in the morning. John is nice enough to get up with him while I sleep a little longer and then get ready for school. Blake loves smiling and laughing and reading books.

Now that I'm back to teaching, both Tate and Blake are getting used to spending lots of time in the car. Blake usually just sleeps and Tate and I look for diggers on our drive to grandma's and then home again in the afternoon. It's a good thing there is a lot of road construction going on to keep Tate entertained.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Matchy- matchy is a fun game until they get old enough to need their own identities. Oh wait....that's twins! Sorry. They look really cute. Glad the cheap shorts fit:)

Karrie Shepro said...

Maybe Blake is going to be even taller than Tate?!? That'd make me even more jealous, long eye lashes and tall.