We celebrated Tate's birthday this weekend by having the family over. I have to say, it was really fun planning a little kids birthday. I went with the Elmo theme, not because Tate loves Sesame Street (still can't get him to watch TV:)), mainly because Tate is so cute when he says it. The "o" in Elmo he always says up an octave or two. I'll have to video tape it so you can know first-hand just how cute it is.
Now that I'm not working, I have the time to practice being crafty and having fun baking!
Tate is not a huge eater, so again I figured cupcakes were the way to go. These little Elmo's were a bit of a pain, but I think they turned out pretty close to the real thing. I wasn't really happy with how the hair turned out, but as soon as Tate saw them he said: "ELMO" in that cute voice. So, I stopped worrying about it. If Tate could recognize who it was, that was good enough.
Tate is a pro at blowing out candles and didn't need any help! He started off eating his cupcake very politely. He picked up a piece and ate the eye off. Then he licked his fingers. I guess he got tired of that and just dug-in face first!
Too much of a good thing!
As usual Tate got spoiled big time. It's amazing how much he's changed even since Christmas. At Christmas he wasn't so much into opening presents, but this time, he seemed to really like it. The first couple presents were elmo related, so every present after that before opening it he would say 'elmo'? Even though not everything was elmo he loved all the presents.
The amazing part of the day is, Tate still took a good nap even after all the attention and sugar!
3 comments:
very cute cupcakes! It is great when theyare so easily entertained and entertaining!
It was a fun party. You should have posted pictures of the yummy pizza you made!
Thanks for having us over!
Post a Comment