Today is Tate's birthday. He is officially into the "terrible two's." But, I don't think he's terrible at all. He's a great big kid . . . who occasionally drives me crazy. Tate celebrated by going to the doctor for his 2-year old check up. What a lucky boy. Because of some car issues, John was the lucky one to take him. I think doctors are nicer to dad's that take their kids in then mom's. I've had some issues with not really liking Tate's doctor, but John said she was GREAT! Not a problem at all. Apparently, I am the one being too critical. Anyways, Tate passed with flying colors (92% for height and 67% for weight).
Today has been such a beautiful day-clear and sunny skies. As John was leaving for scouts tonight he called to tell me the moon was out and it looked cool. You know how Tate loves the moon, so in our PJ's, we bundled Blake up and went out on the front porch to check out the moon before bedtime. What a site to see---the sky was so clear we could see hundreds of stars and the moon was this glowing crescent. It was an amazing scene and Tate was so excited. Tate sat on the steps and patted the spot next to him for me to sit down and we sat there for a little while just looking at the moon and stars. It was so nice (a little cold, but nice). He even moved the rot-iron cat that sits by our front door over to the steps so it could see too.
What a fitting ending to his birthday. I can hardly believe we've had this little boy in our lives for two years already. He keeps us on our toes around here and we love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment