1.01.2010

Seeing the sights

This Christmas time has been great. It's been pretty low-key, here at home with the family (enjoying the clear roads this year-no snow). John's had these past 2 weeks off which has been really nice for us to get out and do some things together before this next baby comes. (Thanks to Aunt Lauren and Karrie and Grandma for being on Tate patrol!). I've lived in Seattle my whole life and never eaten at the restaurant at the top of the Space Needle. I got the chance this year! We decided to go for lunch (trying to save a buck-didn't really work) right before New Year's. We found free parking (thanks to my persistance), enjoyed the short walk (glad we weren't standing in line to see Avatar at the IMAX with the rest of the world), and had a great lunch. It was a nice day and the view was great from the top. The food was good, just too bad it is so expensive (I guess you're paying for the view!)After lunch, we continued up a few flights of stairs to the observation deck. It was a bit chilly and windy up there, so we only stayed long enough to snap a couple pics. I think the best part is riding the elevator up and down.

1 comment:

Bonnie and Ben Kacher said...

you look beautiful as always