1.18.2010

Life With Two Boys

Here's an update on the past week. One thing about having a C-Section that is great, is knowing exactly when you are going to have a baby. It was always my biggest fear that I'd go into labor and not make it to the hospital (b/c it is an hour drive), or I would go into labor in the middle of the night and we'd have to figure out what to do with Tate, etc. etc. So, when they told me I'd have to have another C-Section, I tried to focus on the positive things:) I don't think it really hit me, that I was having another baby via surgery until I walked into that freezing cold operating room. I cried. It all of a sudden became this real, kinda scary thing. Luckily, John and Karrie were there and did a great job keeping my mind off all the needles, large operating equipment, and the fact that my stomach was about to be cut in half!
Here we are getting ready to walk down to the operating room. It was all smiles now! Hard to believe just 40 minutes after this picture, little Blake joined our family.
I was excited that this time there was a way for me to watch the action. I was frustrated when Tate was born that I didn't get to see him until he was all wrapped up. This time I got to see it all! Well, not exactly everything (which was probably a good thing). The window in the drape was great, but my stomach got in the way of seeing all the cutting-but it allowed me to see Blake being pulled out.Aunt Karrie (a.k.a. the "official photographer/documentor of this big day.") I'm glad Karrie was willing to be here to help us capture everything that happened. Not that John didn't do a good job last time (we have only a handful of pictures when Tate was born), but I didn't want him to have to worry about taking pictures--just about holding my hand. Good thing Karrie can take the blood and guts stuff very well. Obviously, the pay-off is worth it!Blake's newest friend-Mr. Giraffe. Thanks Auntie Karrie! Tate's been doing well loving his little brother. When he wasn't giving Blake kisses, he was making friends with the nurses and scoring some very cute head gear.Grandma was Tate's buddy most of the week while we were still in the hospital. We're so lucky to have Grandma so close. Tate came by every night to say goodnight.
I was nervous about how the transition to having two kids was going to be. It has been so much better than I thought though! Maybe it's because we've had help this past week (don't go home Karrie), mixed with Blake being such a great baby, but things are going really well. If I could just get the swelling in my hands and feet to go down so I can walk normally, we'll be doing even better! Having kids sure is a lot of work, and we certainly couldn't do it without all the love and support we've received. THANK YOU for that.

5 comments:

David & Brenda said...

Little Blake is sure cute! Congrats on your newest little one. By the way, Trina and Robert also named their newest son (born 12-28) Blake. That's quite a coincidence. Hugs to each one of you!

Karrie Shepro said...

Hopefully Tate didn't get Karrie overload and we can still be friends! Hurry and heal up so you can come up and visit more often.

Benjamin Kacher said...

I am freaking out he is so cute. I can't wait to meet him. I think he and Paije will be good buddies. Maybe she'll boss him around some since she is older. The giraffe is also very cute. What a nice aunt Karrie. I loved the shot of the window in the sheet. IT looked like it might be kinda scary to see them working on you but worth it to see little Blake arrive in the world. Wish I could of been there.

Bonnie and Ben Kacher said...

I want more pictures more pictures more pictures. Please make a post everyday!

Carrie said...

I love all these pictures! Blake (and the rest of your family) are just dolls! Can't wait to meet the little sweetie!