1.23.2010

A new kitchen toy!

For Christmas John and I received one of these cool brownie pans-where the insert is supposed to make perfectly cut brownies. I think John was the most excited to get this because he loves the crispy edges of brownies, and now all the brownies should have that same "edge" texture. I, on the other hand, was interested to see if the hype over this pan was really worth it. Were the brownies really that much better than just making them in a 9x13 pan?Tate was Mr. Helper as usual, and he couldn't wait to get his little fingers on one of these! The preparation of the brownies is the same as any other brownie mix, but the pan does pose some challenges. The bottom of the pan is an insert so some of the batter leaked while baking (lame--gotta clean the oven now). There is an insert that you place in the pan that forms the individual brownies while baking which just equals more dishes! In the end, despite the messy oven and dishes to clean, I'd say they were very delicious brownies! I loved that you really didn't have to ruin the whole pan of brownies trying to cut them apart. I will use this again--especially if I'm making brownies to give away!

Tate counting how many brownies he gets!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Looks like a great invention! Hmmm...I couldn't smell those when I was there!!