10.23.2009

Dr. John

So, I find myself again with this pregnancy having high blood pressure (*sigh*). Per doctors order, I'm having to take my blood pressure every day. I borrowed a portable BP device from my dad, but I'm finding it isn't very accurate. Anyways, Tate is Mr. Observant and watches what I do and when I'm done he climbs up and puts the cuff on his arm and pushes all the buttons. Of course, I make sure it if OFF so it doesn't actually start squeezing his arm.
John comes down one afternoon, and thinks it would be so funny to put it on Tate's leg (b/c his arm isn't big enough to get a reading). So, he puts it on his leg and says, "Don't worry! I'll take it off if he starts to cry." Can you tell how excited Tate is to be the patient?! Until I get the portable BP device calibrated, I've been making friends at the local firestations. I have to say the nicest and friendliest firefighters are at the Black Diamond station. It's great b/c it is across the street from where we live, so Tate and I have been going on our walks over there. They are so nice and let Tate drive the fire truck and they even gave him this really cool hat! The good news is, my blood pressure seems to be stabilizing at a slightly evevated reading (but, that's better than it getting higher and higher).

No comments: