10.12.2008

Halloween Fun

So, I have to say that having children certainly brings a whole new excitment to the holidays. Even though Tate isn't really old enough to go to the pumpkin patch and pick out a pumpkin, it's so fun to have him be apart of the fun and get dressed up for his first Halloween. On Saturday we went to the local Farmers Market and picked out a big pumpkin (35 pounds) and two smaller pumpkins for Tate and me. John got an email with the inspiration for his pumpkin . . . he thinks it is just the funniest thing ever. I do think it turned out pretty good . . . and is funny. You know John, working hard to get it "just right."
The finished product! It looks really cool lite-up, but the flash doesn't really show that.
Before the pumpkin was carved. We found some other fun decorations and now the Halloween fun has spread upstairs and on the front lawn! One of our friend's little girl came over to look at the decorations and she is at that stage where everything is "why this," and "why that." (Very cute) She said, "why do you have a skelton? It looks like he is crawling out of the ground." I'm glad that's what it looks like to her (that is what it is supposed to look like). I kinda think it looks like a skeleton ready to give birth. I can't look at it without laughing.
We hope everyone else is getting into the Halloween Spirit and having fun carving those
Jack 'O Lanterns!

2 comments:

April Bishop said...

Does labor hurt less when you're only made of bones? Great decorations!

Karen said...

Love the skeleton!! Who sent John that clever idea?!? It turned out great. Let's see an every other day picture of it to see how it disintegrates!!