8.20.2008

New things

We are excited about a couple of things this week. First of all, Tate passed his 6 month check-up with flying colors. It was another long trip to the doctors (when is it not?), with a lot of back and forth, but when it was all over, Tate came out in the 78th percentile for his weight and 50th percentile for his height. The doctor also gave us the okay to start on baby food. Hooray! So, far Tate loves everything (well everything except the broccoli grandma tried to feed him). Bananas, pears, oatmeal and rice cereal are as far as we've gotten. We're having fun experimenting.

The other new thing is sitting up. Tate is getting much better at it. Most of the time it quickly results in him doing a face-plant (as you can see in the pictures), but today he held on for at least a few minutes. It's fun to see him growing before our eyes and doing new things.

On his way down.

He can hardly believe he is sitting up and all that food is for him!

3 comments:

Karen said...

What cute stuff...so much food, so little time.

Valerie said...

Yay for Tate, those are BIG accomplishments-sitting up and eating solids :) Here's to happy eating :)

Carrie said...

LeeAnn!!! I'm so happy I found you! I was looking at Asialene's blog and saw that she had Emily's blog on her friend's list, and then found you guys on hers! Hope you and Emily don't mind :)
Oh it is so good to see you again, and I can't believe how grown up Tate is already! He is absolutely adorably handsome! You and Jon look so good too!!! Well, I'm so happy I will be able to better keep up to date with all the fun adventures you guys are having! Take care!