Karrie and I had a Groupon for a cake decorating class.
With Mother's Day coming up we thought we'd practice our skills on a special Mother's Day cake.
The class was at our favorite little shop in Bothell, Dawn's Cakes and Candy's.
We took a cookie decorating class there also and learned lots.
I've taken a cake decorating class before and kinda thought I knew what there was to know about leveling cakes and filling them.
But, I was happy to learn some new tricks and tips!
This was the crumb layer.
We practiced different piping techniques while the crumb layer chilled.
Karrie and I have seen these "rosette- ombre colored" cakes on Pinterest and thought that looked like something cool to try.
It wasn't perfect by any means.
We learned next time to start the rosettes on the bottom layer and work your way up.
We had a good time and were happy to present the cake along with a photo collage wall at my parents house to my mom for Mother's Day.
We have the best mom around and she deserved something extra special!
Love ya mom.
*John and the boys knew that what I really could use was some girl time. I got to get a pedicure with my mom and Karrie in the morning and then Karrie and I met up with a good friend at Redmond Town Center.
Did some shopping.
Had a yummy dinner.
A nice day for sure.
Came home to a colorful Mother's Day sign with reasons the boys love me on it.
Very sweet.



1 comment:
Love the wall! and your mom! (You're not bad either ;)
Post a Comment