1.22.2013

Tate Update

Mr. Tate is next to have a birthday.
Big 5 is coming up in just a few weeks!
Currently....
Tate has been really excited about the snow!  We've had a couple dustings where we've gotten just enough for him to jump up and down begging to go out and play.  I suppose I might have been just as excited when I was his age.  From my current perspective-work to play in the snow.  I've got to dig out the winter clothes tub in the closet, try to get them to sit still long enough to get clothes on them, let them go play, come in after about 10 minutes, shed all clothes right in front of the door, put it all away again.
Worth it for those happy faces!
To think after all that work to get them ready to go out and those boys still tried to get me with snowballs.
These sweet faces are what waits outside our bathroom door in the morning. 
I try to get up before the boys and get ready for the day uninterrupted.
I usually only get halfway done when the door swings open and there they are.
Blankets in tow...ready for the day.
Usually a little earlier then I would prefer.
During the winter break from school Tate kept talking about getting to wear his pajamas to school.
I wasn't sure where he got that idea since I didn't get a note or anything about that coming up from his teachers.  Well sure enough when Tate went back to school, the next day was Pajama Day.
Tate was so excited he went through about five different pairs of pj's before he settled on this outfit.
When I picked him up from school he said they "had extra fun today!"
They got to take their shoes off, had pancakes for a snack, made a frying pan and pancake craft.
Life is good at Preschool. 
 Tate is really getting into coloring.
He is trying really hard to stay in the lines when coloring a picture and actually does quite well.
He likes drawing people and most of the time I can figure out what other things he has drawn.
Tate likes to display all his artwork on our sliding glass door.  He tapes them up there himself!
Tate is four years old, going on at least 13.
I think Tate definitely has the mood swings of a teenager already....bummer.
He can make life challenging when he is upset and we are working on being nice and not yelling when he gets upset.  It is a constant work in progress this one is. 
Good thing he is so cute, so we'll keep him around.

2 comments:

David & Brenda said...

You really have cute kids!

Karrie Shepro said...

Tate is still my favorite :)