1.26.2013

Blake is 3

Blake Update:
  • Blake liked the snow, but not as much as Tate.  Blake's fingers got cold fast and he did not like that... as fun as it was to throw snowballs at mom-not worth frozen fingers.
  • Loves wearing his blue hat.  He is great at putting it on all by himself.
  • Blake was Ryan's number one supporter when it came to Ryan learning how to walk.  Blake clapped every time Ryan took a step.  Even now, Blake will still shriek when Ryan walks and tells me "Ry-Ry walking!"
  • We are big fans of "Bug Books" at our house.  I grew up reading stories about Evil Weevil, Doodlebug, Love Bug, Humbug, Vee-Dub, loved them all.  We memorized the opening page to all the stories ("As you lay on cool, crisp day in a warm and sunny place.  Don't look up into the skies, instead look down and squint your eyes....."),  because we read them so often and it is so fun to be able to share them with my kids.  A big thanks to my dad who got Karrie and I a collection of them for Christmas one year.
  • Loves going to church.  Especially nursery.  He has some amazing nursery leaders who make church so much fun for him.  It's not so much fun getting him dressed though because he loves to kick and make it a good workout by the time I've chased him, tackled him to the ground, and held different body parts down long enough to get clothes on him.
  • He loves pockets and putting his hands in them.
  • Funniest moment.  I was getting a bath going in the morning b/c sometimes Blake insists on taking a bath while I'm getting ready and I'm happy to do that so I can get ready in peace.  Anyways, I had the water running and was getting clothes when Blake started crying and I came around the corner and there was Blake- a little too anxious to get in and slipped in.  I almost took him out, but thought I needed a picture of that.  Left him perched on the edge, grabbed my phone really fast, took the picture and then got a very upset Blake out.  He was totally fine.  It just made me laugh the little predicament he got himself in.
  • There are days where we just have to go to the grocery store or Costco and I still get lots of looks and "you've got your hands full" comments with this cart full.  Blake only lasts a few minutes in the cart and then he wants to get out and walk like Tate.  He does pretty well staying close by so I don't have to chase him through the store. 
  • Loves being outside!
  • Working on being a professional scooter rider. 
  •  Enjoys coloring, playdoh, playing castle, bowling, going to the little deli, putting his black shoes on, and a sweatshirt.
  • Loves being at grandma's house.  (Who doesn't?!)
  • We had this table growing up.  My grandpa made-it.  My mom put it up for Thanksgiving and Tate and Blake (and Ryan when these two aren't at it) have loved sitting at it for dinner or to color ever since. 
  • Blake has a great sense of humor.
  • Copies his big brother.  Does whatever Tate tells him most of the time.  I'm sure at some point Blake will figure out that he is picking up after Tate so Tate doesn't have to.  Tate is a manipulator and knows how to get what he wants.
  • Blake always requests "You are my Sunshine" and "I am a Child of God" for night-night songs.
  • Melts my heart when he says "I love you Mommy."
  • Enjoys being a Pirate Superhero!
  • Is a picky eating pirate-superhero.  Currently loves Dannon Smoothies, french fries, chicken nuggets on occasion, milk, juice, and more milk.  Not much of a red-meat eater.
  • Getting to be a well-adjusted middle child who we love lots of lots.

1 comment:

Bonnie and Ben Kacher said...

Blake is so cute. Especially that pic with him in a little tie.