10.21.2012

Remlinger Farms

We decided to venture out this year and try a new pumpkin patch.
(Mainly because I got a Groupon to go!)
We were having awesome October weather--beautiful, sunny skies.
Until, the Saturday we decided to go that is.
Rain.  Lots of it.  I didn't let that stop us from going though.
Despite the rain, we still all had a great time.
We even got lucky enough to get grandma and grandpa . . . 
Auntie Karrie and her friend David to join in the family trip! 
Lots of pictures, including annoying side-ways ones, to follow. 
While Tate and the other grown-ups were having a good time getting scared in the blow-up haunted house, Blake and Ryan got to have a little photo shoot with the pumpkins! 
 
 
We got a pony ride in before heading to the "real" rides. 

 What little boy can pass up a puddle without a few good jumps in it?
Not these two! 

The favorite ride of both boys I think.
A nice and slow Ferris wheel.
No fast roller coasters to make Blake cry or spinning pumpkins to make him dizzy....
just nice and slow circles for Blake.
Ryan enjoyed the rides from the sidelines this year. 

Karrie and David might have been a little too tall for this hay-maze. 
Grandpa timed them on getting through it-a little over 2 minutes I think.
If it weren't for all those little kids getting in their way, I'm sure they could have gotten a better time. 

The roller coaster was so much fun!
Tate had as much fun on it as us big kids.
I would have gone more, but poor Blakey went once and that ruined the rest of his afternoon.
He was so sad.
I guess Ryan made it on one ride. 
Lucky boy. 
Blake looks okay at this point, but something happened half way through and he remembered he didn't like rides anymore and was going to cry really loud so everyone knew he was done. 

We opted for a fun train ride around the park. 
It was great seeing all the Halloween decorations. 
The train provided some nice shelter from the rain. 
And Blake was happy!
He loved seeing all the scarecrows.
No crying. 
We actually managed to go to the farm and left without any pumpkins?!
Our little alarm clocks, Blake and Ryan, were going off, so we had to make our exit rather quickly before massive meltdowns happened.
The boys actually already got to pick pumpkins from Grandma's garden, so they didn't really notice when we left without getting more.  Nice because we are going to go get more pumpkins with John's parents this week!
Hooray, for Halloween and fun Fall activities.

No comments: