It was another beautiful day and I was in need of a field trip.
I've been wanting to take the boys to the temple.
I love the temple and want them to know what it is and why we go and it is just such a beautiful place.
The flowers this time of year are just so amazing.
I had visions of us sitting around talking about the temple and taking pictures of all the boys together.
So much for my grand plans.
We did go.
It was beautiful.
But Ryan was the only boy who wanted to cooperate for pictures.
There was no sitting around soaking up all that is the temple.
Big brothers found the statutes to explore.
Tate even kissed the mom as he was getting down.
Tate was totally preoccupied with the second half of our outing which was meeting Karrie for lunch.
All he wanted to do was go meet Karrie.
She was in a meeting until noon which is why I thought the temple would be a good on-the-way stopping point.
Blake just wanted to run around.
Can't say I blame him after being in the car for 45 minutes.
I just wanted one good picture of them . . . this is the best it got!
On our way back to the car I asked Tate who's house is the temple?
Jesus's house!
Good boy.
Check off lesson for the day:)
It was time to finally go meet Karrie.
Hooray!
There was road work and so it took us longer then usual to get there.
Tate kept asking "are we there yet?"
"We are never going to get there!"
Over and over.
Drove me nuts, but we finally got to her office and headed over to the cafeteria for lunch!
Ryan enjoyed some turkey and rice baby food while Auntie Karrie was getting the boys hotdogs and french fries. You wouldn't know from Tate's face how excited he was to be there.
He really had a great time.
He got to hold Karrie's work ID that you have to scan to get into any door-Tate was so happy to be incharge of that!
Blake was the entertainment pushing Ryan's stroller all around.
I think the other people there got a kick out of watching us.
One of the ladies working the cash register saw me walking around holding Blake (so he wouldn't run around) and trying to get Tate to follow and said the boys could have a cookie for free!
We heart Microsoft because those cookies were huge-the boys were in Heaven.
Then we headed back to check out Karrie's office and get some chips (Tate remembered from last time she has chips and needed some more).
Thanks Auntie Karrie for the great lunch date.
I'm sure we'll have to do it again!!!



1 comment:
I loved how many people asked if they could help us! Clearly, 3 boys under 4 years old are a handful even for the both of us. Thanks for making the long drive.
Post a Comment